X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

Finally bagged a Blue Batman!

Lot's of frustration paid off this morning!
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
    Congratulations! I know how frustrating this experience has been for many of us. I was finally able to bag a Romulan and Werewolf today, so at last I now have every one of my wants after days and weeks of endless frustration at not finding them anywhere.

For anyone still looking, it seems the early morning hours (from about 5:00AM - 7:00AM) is where the action is. The fat, slovenly scalpers are in bed at that point, leaving items that pop up during that time available to people who can't (or refuse to) live online.

Luckily I am up and online for work during that time, and have been able to take advantage.

Good luck to everyone still searching. Don't give up. These items are becoming more and more regular online. Eventually I think everyone will get what they are after. Don't cave and get them off ebay from scalpers. Just be patient.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

I check constantly but still haven't had any luck on a few things, including Blue Bats. But I wholeheartedly agree-- gradually they'll all be available. We've already seen most things linger or reappear frequently after apparently being out of stock. Just a matter of waiting.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rodkeith
        I check constantly but still haven't had any luck on a few things, including Blue Bats. But I wholeheartedly agree-- gradually they'll all be available. We've already seen most things linger or reappear frequently after apparently being out of stock. Just a matter of waiting.
        Oh no, waiting won't suffice. Any impingement to our collecting requires that Blame be assigned. It's Marty's fault, Paul's fault, some "clueless" stockboy's fault, Target's fault, the guy who shopped earlier than you's fault, ebay's fault, the scalpers' fault, the museum's fault.

On and on like this ad nauseam for the last four months. Meh. I don't advocate any pollyannaish misplaced optimism, but jeez let's unclench a little. Not immediately getting a surprisingly-inexpensive dolly is not Ragnarok.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 29, '18, 4:01 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Meh. I don't advocate any pollyannaish misplaced optimism, but jeez let's unclench a little.
          I believe what you're discussing is called critical thinking.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Oh no, waiting won't suffice. Any impingement to our collecting requires that Blame be assigned. It's Marty's fault, Paul's fault, some "clueless" stockboy's fault, Target's fault, the guy who shopped earlier than you's fault, ebay's fault, the scalpers' fault, the museum's fault.

On and on like this ad nauseam for the last four months. Meh. I don't advocate any pollyannaish misplaced optimism, but jeez let's unclench a little. Not immediately getting a surprisingly-inexpensive dolly is not Ragnarok.
            I agree with most of this except for the scalpers. Every bit of anger directed at them is justified. Nothing ticks me off more than all these Ebay listings that say "Hard to find! Impossible to find! I've got TEN of them for three times what I paid!"

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by rodkeith
              And bam! Blue Bats and Sabrina both up right now, only a few left! Go go go!

EDIT: OK, Bats is gone again, managed to get one. But there's hope, right? These will keep appearing.

EDIT 2: OK, a few minutes later, he's back up AGAIN. So, things are looking good.
              Last edited by rodkeith; Nov 29, '18, 6:53 PM.

Comment

• zaphod
                • Dec 19, 2011

Mine finally arrived in the mail today from Target.com. I didn't think he was shipped as they showed no tracking number. Turned out he was mailed by USPS. It seems the website can't update with the USPS tracking numbers.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

that reminds me, mine arrived the other day but I have been too busy to bust him out and play

Comment

• Piddley
                    • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                    You better check your status to make sure it isn't backordered for a couple of weeks. That's what happened to my Megos I ordered at midnight. The frustration could still continue.

Comment

• Piddley
                      • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by zaphod
                      Mine finally arrived in the mail today from Target.com. I didn't think he was shipped as they showed no tracking number. Turned out he was mailed by USPS. It seems the website can't update with the USPS tracking numbers.
                      Some of my shipments I order start out being shipped by UPS but they hand them off to USPS for the final delivery. So far I'm glad the USPS delivery person in my development that smokes all day in his vehicle wasn't there the days USPS ended up delivering my packages. UPS you just have to worry about smashed boxes, not smoke smell.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎