Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My latest model...the MPC Haunted Glo-Head Ape Man!

Images
    Looks terrific, as always!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Quote Originally Posted by tay666 View Post
    That sounds really cool.
    Will definitely be keeping my eyes open for those releases.

Great job on this kit.
    I can't tell from the angle, but did you do the seam work on it?
    I started this kit a while back, thinking it would be a nice quick build. When I saw the seams though, it kind of put the brakes on the project. Lots of detail to resculpt in that hair.
    I did a little bit of seam work. I'm not too picky about seams. I eliminate them when possible, minimize them when not, and sometimes you just have to live with them. To me they're not worth sacrificing any sculpted detail.

Images
    Neat! Did you leave any glow showing in the eyes or teeth? That would be a cool effect mixed with the realistic paints.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Neat! Did you leave any glow showing in the eyes or teeth? That would be a cool effect mixed with the realistic paints.
    No...the eyes are so small and the teeth are mostly hidden, so I just painted everything. I will probably just put together an unpainted one at some point to enjoy the glow!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've always wondered how these kits would looked with washes wiped off to bring out the detail but still let them glow... I think that's how I might try to build them up. Just a few fully-painted outlines or details.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.