Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marty Abrams interview with Good Men Project.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

Marty Abrams interview with Good Men Project.

Alex Yarde Interviews the father of licensed toy action figures Marty Abrams and unboxes one of his all-time favorite collectibles!

Good read. Found it interesting who Marty name dropped after Jimi Hendrix. Reminded me when he mentioned Andre the Giant. If this was already posted and I completely missed it, please delete it.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Billy Idol? Exciting!
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 25, 2018

Think it shows how wide a net their using. I don’t remember many putting his name on their wishlist. But it’s cool how they may throw something out of left field. It also may bite them in the rear. Keeps the interest up in seeing what will be next.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

thanks for posting this, I like the idea of a Mego Billy Idol even though I'd never ask for one. The customs opportunities are interesting with that one.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
          Think it shows how wide a net their using. I don’t remember many putting his name on their wishlist. But it’s cool how they may throw something out of left field. It also may bite them in the rear. Keeps the interest up in seeing what will be next.
          I'm a HUGE Billy Idol fan.

The thought just never occurred to me that he was a possibility. But now that that avenue is open for me, I'll be dancing with myself!

Bowie still tops my list. I hope he happens, since they've done a few of him as Jareth, I am wishful that the legal hurdles are surmountable.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by B-Lister
            I'm a HUGE Billy Idol fan.

The thought just never occurred to me that he was a possibility. But now that that avenue is open for me, I'll be dancing with myself!

Bowie still tops my list. I hope he happens, since they've done a few of him as Jareth, I am wishful that the legal hurdles are surmountable.
            If Mego did Labyrinth it would be great. I think that would be a line that could be successful, if they can get the likenesses right.

Bowie did the intro to the British cartoon 'the Snowman.' He was great, and so was the cartoon. Highly recommended.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

I liked reading company names like WALMART, AMAZON, KHOL’S, SHOP CO actually listed. IMO, including TARGET, they will likely be the marketing/ retail company names for which to watch out.
              In Canada, my best guess will be keeping an eye on walmart.ca and Amazon.ca .
              Last edited by comicmike; Nov 27, '18, 9:36 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

All they need is Amazon and the madness ends. I'm no big fan of Bezos, but Mego would be well served by a Target/AMZ combo.

Unless Target really wants to challenge AMZ and up their online game. I wouldn't fault Doc and Marty for staying exclusive to Target, but they need to have more control over product line and a free hand in communicating distribution.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎