X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Holiday He-Man up for order at Super7

I passed on the laughing Adam because I don't care for the meme but I had to have this.

I love that it comes wrapped in vintage MOTU wrapping paper.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Sorry everyone it was up when I first posted this. It must have sold out really fast.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Madcap70
      • Dec 4, 2017

Been there done that I quit MOTUC years ago too expensive and really not worth it it became a hobby that only the rich can afford...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I just read that after going through the orders Super7 cancelled some orders from flippers trying to play the system and ordering more than their limit. So a very limited number will be available again tomorrow at noon pacific time.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^They had to do this with the Powercon Reaction MOTUs, too. Others' greed ruins it for all of us, just as with new Mego.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I don't understand why these companies produce these things in such ridiculously low numbers. I get "limited edition", but if you can't meet the immediate demand...I don't really get the point.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I don't understand why these companies produce these things in such ridiculously low numbers.
              I can't really argue with that. I imagine the production runs on this stuff is fairly decent considering how crazy popular classic MOTU and She-Ra stuff is. But you got to figure that if something sells out in 15 minutes, you just maybe didn't make quite enough.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Just got my Holiday He-Man tonight. Great paints and the joints are all good.

As you can see he has a new head sculpt with a slight smile. The hat is molded into the hair and is not removable. There are other changes from the original Mattel Filmation He-Man. The harness is a new design and doesn't look to be removable. The sword sheath is also glued in place and does not rotate. He has the new Super7 furry pants design and doesn't use the old loin cloth design of the Mattel figures. He also has the updated boots sculpt without the very obvious hinge design of the Mattel figure. He lacks the "I have the power!" wrist hinge and only has standard side to side articulation. Lastly the skin tone is molded in color instead of painted and the brown of the furry pants and boots are a more correct reddish brown over the chocolate brown of the Mattel figure.

xmasheman.JPG

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

I had not paid attention to these, at all, before just now. I like the changes in poseability (sp?). They look to be made quite well. Pretty neat!

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I forgot to mention, the sword has a really nice pearlized look to it and the paint is super clean. There's no bleed or mess between the red and pearlized white stripes. Lastly, the sword sheath is permanently tilted to the left side and should be facing the right because He-Man is right handed. He wouldn't be able to reach over his shoulder and draw his sword like in the cartoon.

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

looks very cool! i tried getting it but as soon as i had it in my cart, it sold out. ugh!

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by starsky
                        i tried getting it but as soon as i had it in my cart, it sold out. ugh!
                        Bummer, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎