Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

^ Brian or Chris, is this particular Santa and sleigh set about the size where two small children could fit in the sleigh, if it were a real one...or, is it smaller? The one I remember as a kid would have been large enough for two small kids and had 4 reindeer, I think. I only ask becuase I can’t tell for sure from the catalog picture, but it appears to be slightly smaller.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
      Yeah, that wasn't lost on us. One vendor took hers down because we kept gently offering and she almost waffled. I think that bothered her so she removed them.
      You should have come back with a couple henchman. "Me and the boys here are buying these blow molds see? That means you're selling them, isn't that right boys?" LOL

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
        You should have come back with a couple henchman. "Me and the boys here are buying these blow molds see? That means you're selling them, isn't that right boys?" LOL
        That's made funnier due to the fact that she's easily one of the toughest people I've ever met. I adore her but would sincerely not want to get her mad.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^ Brian or Chris, is this particular Santa and sleigh set about the size where two small children could fit in the sleigh, if it were a real one...or, is it smaller? The one I remember as a kid would have been large enough for two small kids and had 4 reindeer, I think. I only ask becuase I can’t tell for sure from the catalog picture, but it appears to be slightly smaller.
          Not sure, as I don't recall seeing this EXACT one, myself. What I normally see is a solid sleigh where there is no room in front of Santa, who is only a torso-up figure. Maybe one small kid could straddle the front of the sleigh in front of him but that's it.

This one has metal runners, which most of the later ones I recall seeing did not.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Those are spiffy. I love them but they are so hard to store.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I got a large building out in my back yard full of them at this point. Without it, I couldn't have a third of them.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Not sure, as I don't recall seeing this EXACT one, myself. What I normally see is a solid sleigh where there is no room in front of Santa, who is only a torso-up figure. Maybe one small kid could straddle the front of the sleigh in front of him but that's it.

This one has metal runners, which most of the later ones I recall seeing did not.

Chris
                Thanks, Chris! I just meant scale wise...not literally, but I realize I wasn’t clear in my writing. Regardless, the size info you provided helps. Also, I’m happy to know that I’m not the only one who has seen or recalls seeing different versions that are very similar. It’s been decades since I saw that one that was on the rooftop, so I wasn’t sure if my memory was playing tricks on me.

These are such fun not only because they are nostalgic, for us, but because they look terrific!

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  Yeah, that's the problem we would have if we had a bunch of these. I could see our back shed filled with more crap than there already is in there if I fell down this rabbit hole!

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Yeah, I love blow molded decorations but they are a PITA to store.
                    I had to build a custom shelf in the basement to store my 9' blow molded spider after Halloween this year.

For xmas, I would love to have a couple candles, a Frosty and a Santa, but don't know where I would store any of them.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

We have a different Snowman than this one. We've had it since I know for over 40 years. It needs repainting and is brown when it is lit up (but perfectly white when not). I can't figure it out. We, of course, call him "Frosty".

We also have a Lantern we've had since then as well. It's one of my favorites and I hang it every year. And we have 2 of the candles too.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

First time I ever heard "Blow Mold" said on television was last night on ABC's The Great Christmas Light Fight. It's great to see them getting a LOT of exposure on this show. Maybe it will lead to a comeback with more awareness.

I think you can watch the episode online HERE. It's Season 1 Episode 1.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎