X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k2
    Career Member
    • Sep 12, 2007

feeling bummed

hate to be a downer, these new figures were fun when they first came out, but the lack of them showing up in stores is lame.
  • mars396
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 14, 2007

While I am of course thrilled that Megos are back on pegs in stores, I am simultaneously angry.
    These assortments - the mashing together of desirable (Star Trek, Monsters, DC, KISS) with all the other properties - is such a boneheaded decision. These things are going to pegwarm for months, if not years.
    And it effs up ordering and stocking, when the average Target clerk sees pegs full of Tooties, Norms, and Angels, and will see no reason to get any more from the back. And the buyers see full pegs and don’t order more of Wave 1, nor even think the store needs Waves 2 or 3.
    This makes me so angry. If the morons who thought of this weren’t so friggin dumb, we’d have a successful toy line again. Instead, we have pegwarming failure, and then the thought will be that Mego doesn’t sell, and it gets canceled before we finish the Star Trek crew or even KISS.

SO ANGRY ! ! ! !

Comment

• Eric
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 11, 2008

Has anybody tried saying to a Target employee, "Here's 20 bucks. Come back with a green-shirted Kirk and it's yours."? :-)

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

relax, they will all be up online eventually. they have slowly been popping up since Thanksgiving. I snagged Al this morning. Blue Bats last week. Lion too. I am just waiting, as most are, for the Trek figures, Demon and Wolf

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I can understand the frustration but I look at it as they are selling and are popular it seems so more mego goodness in the future.
          Last edited by powersthatbe; Nov 30, '18, 7:43 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I have said this before, most Targets only get a new order once they figures have sold out. I went through this with the Justice League Unlimited. I would go in and buy every figure on the shelf to make my local Target to reorder them. This is the only way I was able to get the complete lineup that sold at Target.

I would have been doing the same thing today, but thanks to the website I just have to refresh the page and make sure I have room on my Target card to order them, and then pay off the card at the beginning of the next month.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Steeler80
              Mayor of Strunk
              • Jun 29, 2001

I know this isn't Mego's fault and others have gone through this, but I checked Target's site like I try to do several times a day and saw that Werewolf was up. No mention of only a few left, just sitting there all pretty. I went through the checkout process and when I went to check out, he was out of stock. Beyond frustrating. Again, I know this isn't Mego's fault but I'll be glad when we can get these somewhere else other than Target. There isn't a Target within an hour and a half of me and I can't check the website every 2 minutes hoping they've put a couple of Kirks or what have you up.

Comment

• mars396
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by Steeler80
                I'll be glad when we can get these somewhere else other than Target. There isn't a Target within an hour and a half of me and I can't check the website every 2 minutes hoping they've put a couple of Kirks or what have you up.

It is the most basic principle of commerce: Supply and Demand.
                Supply isn't coming anywhere near Demand for Star Trek, Monsters, and KISS, yet Supply is grossly outpacing Demand for all the others.
                It's almost as if they have no idea who the consumer is. Anyone of us on this Forum could have told them to stock Star Trek, Monsters, and KISS 2 or maybe even 3 or 4 per case, vs. Angels, Bunch, Facts of Life, or Charmed.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎