Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering from target.com - packaging, inventory stickers, Spock observations, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barnabas Collins
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Ordering from target.com - packaging, inventory stickers, Spock observations, etc.

Today, I received three separate Mego packages from target.com--TOS Spock, Bewitched Endora/Serena 2-pack, and Star Trek Mirror Sulu/Uhura 2-pack. The Sulu/Uhura had a large Target inventory control sticker on the Mego packaging. Also, the Mego box was somewhat smushed. The Endora/Serena was separately wrapped in plastic and the Target inventory control sticker was on the plastic. The shipping boxes were each loaded with air/bubble wrap.

Another reason I prefer to buy action figures in-person in a store is due to QC--variation in paint application, clothing, packaging, etc. The Spock and Sulu figures both had their black collars turned upward, and while this can be fixed if opened, I didn't plan to open these. All minor annoyances--after all, these are just toys.

Another observation--this is just from memory, not a direct comparison, but the Spock tunic seemed to be a different shade (darker) of blue compared to previous incarnations. Also, Spock's skin color appears to be that of a regular White-guy--no green/yellow Vulcan skin coloring. Is this how previous Mego Spocks looked?

My favorites of the bunch are Endora and Mirror Sulu.

Barnabas Collins
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Spock's shirt also opens all the way down the back, instead of half way, like previous versions. So does the mirror universe Sulu. Fixed the problem that the first set had of bunching up material in the back.

Comment

• Moxen
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 6, 2016

Target slapped big ugly stickers on my wave 1 packaging too. Fortunately, they easily peel off.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
        • Oct 15, 2018

I would like to say that my experience with Target.com has been great. A recent Mego order said "delivered" on both Target and Fedex but there was no box on my doorstep that day nor several days after. I assume the driver left it on the wrong porch and the homeowner kept my figures. I receive orders at my home all the time and this was the first lost package, so I doubt it was a porch pirate, but that is another possibility. So today I called them and asked what my options were for a "delivered" package that I didnt receive. Customer service not only offered me a full refund, but also sent me a digital gift card for $10. My only complaint with Target.com is not allowing deliveries to a PO BOX, where I usually have packages sent. The gal on the phone says Target's policy is never to use the US Postal service for shipping, therefore only home deliveries can be made.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

The post office delivers me Mego figures from Target often. They go from Fedex to the post office for actual delivery. So think about that...

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
            • Oct 15, 2018

Yeah I know that that can happen, but Target flat out rejects my PO Box on the website when I enter it for an order. Every time, so I was forced to use my home address.

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

I've had a ton of FedEx deliveries where the driver forges my signature. I've complained ad nauseum but nothing changes. One that was lost, FedEx told me to contact the sender. I avoid FedEx now as much as possible.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I just got a Spock today that was shipped in a plastic bag! Not a bubble mailer bag, just a plastic bag. No box, no packing material, just thrown in a bag. That really sucks when it was going to be a gift. The package got totally messed up. The card and blister were both totally mangled. The figure looks fine, but the package is terrible.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I just got a Spock today that was shipped in a plastic bag! Not a bubble mailer bag, just a plastic bag. No box, no packing material, just thrown in a bag. That really sucks when it was going to be a gift. The package got totally messed up. The card and blister were both totally mangled. The figure looks fine, but the package is terrible.
                  If you complain, you might get a free replacement.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

All of my Wave 3 singles, both sizes, have come in a clear Target bag, shipped in a box with bubbles... nice!

My Bewitched Set was tossed in a box with bubbles. No major damage, but that was by luck.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
                      If you complain, you might get a free replacement.

Barnabas Collins
                      They refunded my money. That was cool. I have a few more on the way, and hopefully they will all have boxes.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        The post office delivers me Mego figures from Target often. They go from Fedex to the post office for actual delivery. So think about that...
                        Same here, cheap shipping so FedEx or UPS drops off at the post office but the USPS can't deliver it the same day, they're not allowed to do that like they can for Amazon Prime.

Comment

• favoritemonsters
                          • Aug 4, 2018

Originally posted by ObiSeanMEGObi
                          Yeah I know that that can happen, but Target flat out rejects my PO Box on the website when I enter it for an order. Every time, so I was forced to use my home address.
                          Mr. ObiSean, I have a life hack for you gonna like...

NAME
                          PO BOX 000
                          ANYTOWN, NY 0000
                          is the usual address
                          however...
                          NAME
                          123 MAIN STREET (Street address of Post Office)
                          BOX 000
                          ANYTOWN, NY 0000
                          will get you delivery every time.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 5, 2018

I got my first two figs in giant boxes with lots of bubble wrap. My last figure came in a small box that fit in the mailbox. They crammed the figure in there, which bent the card, which popped the blister cover off.

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

their customer service at target was great for me ,i ordered an extra bewitched set ,and it didnt show up on delivery time ,and the mail man left
                              someone elses package -a three level metal cart instead ,a nearby address . called target and they sent out the bewitched set again .turned the cart
                              over to apt management to deliver to right person ,also said that if the 1st order does show up -no charge .very good service ,and nice to get a real person
                              that fast .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎