Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite vintage Mego packaging?

Images
    Blog Entries

Favorite vintage Mego packaging?

What's your favorite vintage Mego Packaging?

For me, it's the Mad Monster boxes--I love the colors, logos, the beautiful Gray Morrow art. Everything comes together perfectly and complements the figures.

(My runner-up would be the Bullmark apes boxes. If those could be combined with the fantastic Palitoy apes art, it would be stunning.)
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 24, '18 at 4:03 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I'll give you three

Images
    Hands down my favorite Mego packaging, and some of my favorite toy packaging ever. PERIOD.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Any of the Micronauts packaging that featured Ken Kelly art...

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    Such good choices! I love the Micro-Aliens--didn't know those were Kelly. The standard Superman in that box--indeed perfect. And the Palitoy-Bradgate comics cards--they really *pop* (I've coveted their Penguin for years.)

I didn't recall the Trek cards being painted, I confess to not paying much attention to Mego's smaller lines.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Wow... Now THAT is a challenge. I would have to say the packaging for the 12 inch figures like Superman (the movie) , Hulk, and Spider-man really captured my imagination as a kid. I loved the collage approach on Spidey and Hulk and thoroughly enjoyed the classic Superman artwork on the movie figures. Of course had I been exposed to Palitoy, we would be having a different conversation. Their two pack of Starsky and Hutch is gorgeous. Brian I'm jealous of you.

Images
    Mad Monsters and Micronauts.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Yeah, I'd also have to go with the Gray Morrow Mad Monster boxes and the Ken Kelly Micronauts packaging. Gorgeous!

Images
    Love the CAH playset box artwork the best!!!

Images
    Fortress of Solitude and Exploding Bridge Boxes were awesome.

One that always fascinated me (pun intended) is the art on the phaser II box. Even in the seventies, as a kid, it looked like there was a violation of the prime directive going on phaser-ing down the Cheron for what looked like no reason. Lol
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!