Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

OK. Whose opening when? I'm in the morn with d kds.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

lol It's like I'm eight--I want to open something tonight but trying to be strong.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

wow, scored like a bandit! Thanks Santa.
        Bust open the box and found several gifts, individually wrapped and a game made out of it.
        Christmas note suggesting I open from smallest to largest...

It certainly was fun and now for the pics!

HipstamaticPhoto-567450343.726399.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-567450412.486944.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-567450440.938469.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-567450490.155990.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-567450511.846536.jpg

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

and the grand finale ~

HipstamaticPhoto-567450567.611896.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-567450595.546642.jpg

Thanks Santa, much appreciated!

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

This was my first time remembering to do signup for Secret Museum Santa. And sometimes, it's all karma.

When I got my email from Rich it said I'm Santa for PNGwynne. The first person I became friends with here was Scott. I replied to Rich, wanting to know how the choosing process happened. He said it was a new system with his son.

The karma isn't just I ended up with Scott, it's that I already had something I was trying to figure out to get to him. This, solved that.

If that's not enough, my Santa package arrived last Tuesday. No name, but a return address. That night, as my wife is writing the address on my gift to mail, it suddenly hits me: Scott got my name.

I asked for something for my kids and Scott got it right with the Angels. The cards were a nice bonus as I have only two. I included the rest of my Mego haul as I never shop for myself but this year I felt the urge and I ran across some good prices. Looks like a Paul Clarke Holiday Special.

MMSS was a real Christmas highlight. Everything clicked perfectly. Thanks to RCHE for putting the time and effort in to keep this alive.

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm so pleased your daughters like the Angels. I think Kris is the prettiest and has the best clothing and accessories, and of course Sabrina is new. And what a haul--it's great to see you get some of my favorites like the Gorn and Daredevil. (I think we all owe member Crimson Ghost extra well-wishes for the holidays.)

I thought the exchange might be rigged, too--since Martin and I are approximate. A happy coincidence, of course Rche is blameless (and thank you). I was happy to be able to contribute to your family's Christmas: I recall the thrill of meeting them at MM '14 after we had chatted so much here. I'm so glad you can also use the cards.

Unfortunately, I can't post pix, but I can gush about what Hedrap sent me: A beautiful framed, mint vintage poster of Aquaman with art by Jim Aparo. Aparo and Ramona Fradon are my favorite Aqua-artists, so that was exciting. And it was wrapped in retro-style DC Comics paper with a charming hand-crafted card. (Was that you or your girl's art, Martin? I loved it.) I'm touched by the considerate kindness of this gift--thank you very much, Martin.

Merry Christmas to all, this place and its members are the best.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 25, '18, 1:35 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Super cool Mego Santa stories. Every year I write the names of everyone down on post-it note paper and put them into a hat. I then go down the written list I have as my son draws names and hands them to me. I usually try to make sure that folks don't get the same person two years in a row, or the draw is not their own name, but I did not catch that y'all were sending and receiving to each other until way after I had already sent my emails out. I am glad it was such a great exchange, and my son will be happy to read about your sharing story as well.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Wrapping and poster. I was really surprised by that paper. It was at Five Below no less! Aquaman I've had since I was a kid. I think it's from a '77 poster book.

20181218_142324.jpg20180218_200443.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for sharing that. I have an Aquaman and Penguin (and hopefully someday Capt. Marvel with Dr. Sivana) from another DC posterbook, the pictures and paper-stock are different.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Oh yeah- Penguin drawing is by my oldest, colored by the younger one.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

You are most welcome Chad! Merry Christmas… of course I had to give the gift of Ape too! It was supercool doin' secret opz for you sir.

Originally posted by noelani72
                        Thanks Santa, much appreciated!

Special thanks to you RCHE. This was my first time in the Secret Santa party and it was a blast to give/receive in the Mego-spirit. You set all this in motion and look at the fun we're all having as a result; you <like totally!> rock!

My sincere appreciation to Steve whose Santa-goodness provided a trifecta of FUN, FUNNY & FUNCTIONAL. What a thoughtful package!… all parts/figures will indeed be used for customs (YES!), I'm looking forward to cooking my first meal with Old Bay, and I've been using the awesome National Bohemian coaster all morning with coffee! I offer thee humble proof of joy:

… a clear example of what makes the MM a rare place of coolness!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

^Hi Confessional, I am certainly glad to have helped transport some Mego Maryland Mayhem to CA

In the meantime, yesterday, we quickly opened what Santa left under the tree and then left for my in-laws, so I get to post on boxing day! Santa was extremely generous and helped my son in completing his new mego Star Trek collection. I will admit that we had previously completed our Search for Spock (pun intended) so, in true collector style he is keeping the second in the package for display

Here are some pics...and since Santa is a mystery, FTC Santa showed up to welcome green shirt Kirk aboard the Enterprise
                          1225180833_resized.jpg
                          1225180836_resized.jpg
                          1225180845a_resized.jpg
                          Last edited by UnderdogDJLSW; Dec 26, '18, 9:27 AM. Reason: fix photos
                          It's all good!

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                            Here are some pics...and since Santa is a mystery, FTC Santa showed up to welcome green shirt Kirk aboard the Enterprise
                            You're very welcome ;-)

Originally posted by Confessional
                            You are most welcome Chad! Merry Christmas… of course I had to give the gift of Ape too! It was supercool doin' secret opz for you sir.
                            Thanks so much!! This was a lot of fun.
                            Thanks RCHE for spearheading again!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎