X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

1/6-scale holiday gifts

Cotswold Collectibles has become a one-stop shop for all sorts of 1/6 figures and accessories, vintage and modern. IMO they are really acknowledging AT Joe fandom with their figure sets and custom offerings, much as DM and CTVT have done for Mego collectors.

Their site and recent catalogue have a lot of nice items, including things for repairs and custom kit-bashing:

*Custom Punisher-inspired Joe: The Inflictor
    *SMDM-style suits for Atomic Man, as well as sci-fi, martial arts, and adventure-themed uniforms. Great quality, though some things run a little large.
    *Geyper repro muscle bodies. I love these.
    *3D-printed accessories and gear. Clever, creative stuff.

Hasbro has abandoned 1/6 Joe fans and collectors. I really admire and appreciate Cots for filing a niche. If you'd like to find a gift for a child or fan, check them out. And their customer service has my highest recommendation.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I can't find the Warm Up suits for Atomic Man. But geez some of their stuff is approaching the price of hunting down vintage.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Some items are expensive due to being imported. It's definitely more than we're used to from DM/CTVT. I love the Loucosporbonecos clothes, though--check for "Louco..." under "Brands" for the SMDM -style suit. They have some Atomic unitards, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Its all nice but the 25 bucks or so for a suit is out of my ball park. The 40 for the fight for survival repro suit is nuts. I can get vintage for that with a little hunting.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

found it, its more Action Soldier in red than running suit for Atomic Man.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Absolutely gorgeous toys. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I’ve ordered lots from them in 2018 and even made my first Joe customs. I made the Mercenaries, a group of villains to battle the A-Team. I also preordered Torak just because he’s so frikkin awesome!
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You called that right: So. Frikkin. AWESOME.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I really like the stuff a lot, but I'd go broke shopping there. Really like the alien invader costume and the custom head on the model figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^Some of the custom heads are done by the South American gent who customizes and manufactures the Loucos clothing.

I've managed to assemble a complete 1/6 scale Super Joe team using the Loucos suits and Geyper reissue muscle figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I'm currently on a Adventures of kick and some of this stuff might work for me, I am doing some what if they never did the Adventure Team custom line.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎