Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday:What's the point of shopping online?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Black Friday:What's the point of shopping online?

The garbage I went through yesterday just to get DVDs. First I go to Best Buys site,I see they have the Black Panther Blu-ray DVD for $6.99. I thought not a bad price. Except they won't ship it. You have to do a store pick up. Then I go to Amazon to try to get the Solo:A Star Wars Story Blu-ray. They tell me I might get it before Christmas. Just because you don't want to go to the store and deal with the madness,you have to deal with the madness with online stores.
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

I watched this coolduder Black Friday video (youtube) who does regular weekly Tuesday shopping videos, among other things.
    At the 5:10 mark, the Walmart he's in cordoned off a huge section but was giving customers only 2 minutes (!) to find the videos they wanted. If you weren't done, you had to go back to the end of the line.
    ▶ Follow me on Instagram - http://instagram.com/coolduder▶ Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/shawncphillipsNew video with me going shopping on Black...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

And Wal-Mart is surprised that trampling occurs? Disgusting.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Try living in Canada where their on strike! I got Santa gifts coming for my kids that might be late.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The only shopping I do this time of the year is grocery shopping. I avoid department stores like the plague. Food markets only, because, well, I need to eat...

sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

For Black Friday, I got a wicked deal......stayed home and saved 100%.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Only place I went was to CVS and their hemorrhoidal ointment wasn't marked down

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Like I said,I wanted to stay home and avoid that mess but Best Buy wanted me to go out there to their store for 1 DVD. No thanks.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i refuse to deal with the madness that Black Friday entails. I pretty much do all my Christmas shopping online anyway. cheaper and far, far, less hassle

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I bought a bit of crap on Amazon yesterday, but after that I was done. I certainly wouldn't set foot in a store right now. *shudder*

Comment

• megoapesnut
                      The name says it all!
                      • Dec 3, 2007

I am running a designer handbag bingo fundraiser next Feb. I need 20 handbags, so we decided to get a few during black Friday sales. We thought we would be sneaky and do some Thanksgiving evening shopping to avoid the BF mess. Guess again!! Got to the local outlets and had to park some distance away and walk. 2 of the 4 handbag shops were shoulder to shoulder with hour long lines to the register. The other 2 shops were only allowing so many people in the store at a time so had to wait in long lines to get in. We got some very good deals but that is definitely the last time I venture to any store on Thanksgiving or BF!

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

I have extreme neuropathy in my feet, so a good day is not getting out of bed and putting my feet on the floor. Today was a very good day, ate breakfast at 6, went back to bed until 1. The short walk to my computer is much better than waiting in those lines.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎