X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 awesome things on Ebay this week

Mego Dukes of Hazzard Figures with original Mego Mailer- I'm not big on Dukes myself but these two guys came directly from Mego to a consumer, maybe they were replacements for defective merchandise. I love toy history knick knacks like this.

Incredible Hulk Action Box- I've gone all these years not knowing what an "Action Box" was. This is
    a gorgeous
    bit of Rack Toy wonder made by Fleetwood, worth it just for the graphics alone. There is a Spider-Man one too!

Martian Chronicles Movie Poster- I don't know why there is a poster for the 1980 TV miniseries adaptation of "The Martian Chronicles" but I REALLY want it. Unfortunately, I've maxed out every wall in the house.

Ideal Electro-Man in a mailer box- I have a fondness for mailer boxed items, sure they lack the colourful impact that the store packaging had but have this sort of rustic charm themselves.

Play Family Castle in the box- Oh man, this one even has the original inserts. I doubt I ever become a hardcore FP little people collector but I know that I've got one inside of me.

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful week and don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Oh boy, I always enjoy reading these! IMO that castle is the best FP set from that era. Sadly, I never had one, but a neighbor kid did, and I loved playing with that thing!

I don't know why there is a poster for the 1980 TV miniseries adaptation of "The Martian Chronicles" but I REALLY want it.
    Perhaps it played theatrically in the UK or somewhere? That often happened with US TV movies or mini-series.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Electroman is awesome! Love the concept.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Electroman is pretty cool, although I don't remember him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          I think so, too. I'd like to see a Mego Meet version--or even a new Mego Corp. version, perhaps with an updated helmet.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
            Career Member
            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            You need to check out his adversary, Zogg the Terrible!

http://movieobservers.blogspot.com/2...man-ideal.html

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Hulk looks like he's doing the Charleston or something! I love it!

Lots of love for the FP castle. I've told this story a million times, but my wife found a discarded one out for the trash on my Dad's street. Both my kids had hours of fun with it, and we never had a single figure or accessory that went with it!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎