I'd love a Kharis-style Mummy too!

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
      Career Member
      • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by comicmike

I'm speculating we'll finally get that "Chaney Entertainment" Mummy (with the original EMCE prototype head sculpt).
      That "original EMCE prototype head sculpt" turned out to be a bit of an embarrassment for EMCE, as I remember. It was cast from an AHI head without the knowledge that AHI's heads were in their turn cast from the Aurora heads. So it's a third-hand Bill Lemon Mummy! Beyond that hurdle, that version of the Mummy is Universal's and legally actionable, I believe. A one-eyed Mummy is like a Frankenstein's Monster with bots in his neck, a Drac with a medallion, or a white streak running up either side of a pale woman's blown-out beehive hairdo: Universal property.

The pre-transformed into a Screaming Werewolf Mummy might fit the bill, and maybe a brush up on Chaney Jr's turn in that episode of Route 66 where he dresses up as a Mummy could inform it and still give us a pretty cool Chaney Jr. Mummy.

Giving-new-meaning-to-the-phrase-Egyptian-Cotton.jpg
      (click to enlarge)

Route 66 prep
      Route 66.jpg
      (also click to enlarge)

A colorized Route 66 shot
      Route 66 colorized.jpg
      (also also click to enlarge)

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I think a regular Uhura will be in wave four. I'm really confident she's going to be the next Trek offering.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I think a regular Uhura will be in wave four. I'm really confident she's going to be the next Trek offering.
          I wouldn't bet against that, I would assume Dr. McCoy too. I remember years ago Paul showed me a Mugato in a furry suit that he pitched to Diamond, would love to see that.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Just let me know when they're doing Three's Company so I can get a Jack Tripper figure.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
              ...Beyond that hurdle, that version of the Mummy is Universal's and legally actionable, I believe. A one-eyed Mummy is like a Frankenstein's Monster with bots in his neck, a Drac with a medallion, or a white streak running up either side of a pale woman's blown-out beehive hairdo: Universal property.
              I have never seen a Universal Studios bible with Kharis as the ip, and the last time they had anything licensed with him was Hasbro 20 years ago.

It's an interesting dilemma. If they call it "Lon Chaney's Mummy" then they can't use the Kharis Aurora mold. If they make it a generic Mummy ala "Marty Abrams presents Mego's Mummy" then they could.

All they would have to do is reverse which eye is shut and not fold the arm to the chest.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                All they would have to do is reverse which eye is shut and not fold the arm to the chest.
                Yes, it's not insurmountable--especially considering the Monster they released without retaliation.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                  • Jun 1, 2012

Rod Serling.

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
                    Rod Serling.
                    I remember reading that BBP very much wanted to do up a dollie of Mr. Serling for their greyscale line but that his widow wouldn't allow it to happen.
                    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 25, 2018

Louis Armstrong
                      Edit : sorry wrong topic.
                      Last edited by Mego Newbie14; Dec 8, '18, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by toothaction
                        I remember reading that BBP very much wanted to do up a dollie of Mr. Serling for their greyscale line but that his widow wouldn't allow it to happen.
                        Yes, Carol Serling is notorious for withholding likeness rights.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Think Wave 4 will show adjustments in character selection after what did and did not sell?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                            • Jun 1, 2012

I was just wondering. Since Marty said that Muhammad Ali would be coming out in April, does that mean he's in wave 4 and we have to wait until April for wave 4?

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 25, 2018

^I automatically thought it meant Ali was wave 5. Can't remember which interview it was but Marty said something like they had the next 20 months planned out. Wouldn't wave 5 kind of make sense on new properties showing up since Married with Children, Charmed, Facts of Life, and maybe Charlie's Angels should be done by then.

Comment

• Piddley
                                • Sep 3, 2013

I'm curious if come January, February, March the first 3 waves 8 inchers will be clearanced down to $5-7.50 permanently just to finally get rid of all of the ones that didn't sell out yet before Wave 4. Back during the Summer I wouldn't have imagined that most of the Megos only sold when they were at a discounted price. Could have saved a lot of money by waiting until now to buy almost all of them (or later). I do like that Wave 2 and 3 have better quality control and less errors and sloppiness than Wave 1. It was like they really hurried (and were behind) to make a deadline on Wave 1.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎