Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

Do we have any indication that we'll actually get Ace and Peter figures in the KISS run? I am really digging the Demon and Starchild figures, and hope we don't get short changed on the other two in true Mego style!

Comment

• Paladin
      • Oct 26, 2015

Space man (Ace) for KISS
      Bud Bundy
      Wizard and Glenda Oz two pack
      Scarecrow single pack
      Pinky from Happy Days
      Mr. & Mrs. C two pack
      Blaire for facts of Life
      Definitely a mummy...my guess is this one will be a licensed likeness of Karloff
      Paige from Charmed, but she'll be the last one
      Dr. McCoy and Mugato
      Diane from Cheers
      Darren from Bewitched
      Bosley for the angels offering

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Paladin
        Space man (Ace) for KISS
        Bud Bundy
        Wizard and Glenda Oz two pack
        Scarecrow single pack
        Pinky from Happy Days
        Mr. & Mrs. C two pack
        Blaire for facts of Life
        Definitely a mummy...my guess is this one will be a licensed likeness of Karloff
        Paige from Charmed, but she'll be the last one
        Dr. McCoy and Mugato
        Diane from Cheers
        Darren from Bewitched
        Bosley for the angels offering
        They already released Blair from Facts of Life.

Comment

• VulcansFury
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by Piddley
          Could have saved a lot of money by waiting until now to buy almost all of them (or later).
          I would have loved to save more money, BUT I'm happier to have Mego back and even at $15 that's a steal. If everyone waits for clearance, that kills the line.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Two words for Bewitched: Uncle Arthur!
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by toothaction
              A Chekov and Bones set would be most welcome, but the first two skipped waves so I'd bet on wave 5 for more Mirror. The sooner the better, though, believe me!
              Mirror McCoy and hopefully Lt. Moreau
              "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• generic
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 25, 2009

I think most of these lists are probably not too far off. But if the reason for so many of the TV show licences was because of what Target wanted, does that mean that they'll end the sitcom lines if they don't stay with Target? Is there any word on if they are staying with Target for wave 4?

As for the other lines:

I certainly hope we get a mummy in wave 4. That would make sense to me regardless of what happens with Target.

I suspect wave 4 will probably deliver two single-carded Star Trek characters: one crew member and one alien. My guess would be Bones (likely in the scrub shirt) or maybe a Scotty for the crew member and a Klingon for the alien.

If I'm going to guess about the 14" DC characters, I'll guess Aquaman, Supergirl (with kryptonite accessory), Catwoman, & some wild card villain who's maybe been mentioned around here but who we're not 100% expecting (Riddler seems likely since the cost would be low, he's a classic Batman villain, & he was one of the original 8" Megos. Or maybe Sinestro, Two Face, Reverse Flash, Brainiac, Captain Cold, Bizarro, etc).

I do hope that Spaceman and Catman make it to production to round out the KISS line, but I seriously doubt we'll see any mention of Ace and Peter specifically. And it honestly wouldn't surprise me too much if they stopped after The Starchild and The Demon. It would be like those Jerry Only and Doyle 12" Misfits figures. We never got the Dr. Chud or Michale Graves who were promised on the packaging.
                Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 25, 2018

^I can see them being done with Charmed,Married with Children, Facts of Life, and maybe the Brady Bunch because of all the Alices peg warming. She’s the one I see the most of which kind of makes me sad cause I like it.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

The only Facts of Life figure I was hoping for wasa Mrs Garrett that I could customize into an Aunt Harriet for my Batman 66 collection.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      What do you think will be in wave four? This is a speculation thread, not a fantasy thread. There is already one of those. So please let's try to keep this to what we think is actually coming out in wave four. Thanks!
                      Great question mego freind.

Hope Wave 4 is not new Mego POTA

Being , Corny here I feel like I'm the aficionado on original 1970's Mego POTA

I've seen how the new 2018 KISS mego was cheaply made and it would make me tear in my beer if new POTA was like that.

Would like to remember my beloved Mego 1970's POTA as they were.

Thoughts ?
                      Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                      :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                      I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

How do you figure the Kiss were "cheaply made"?

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

The Kiss figures don't look as good as the FTC ones with hair, but they are cheaper in price,
                          and you get what you pay for. At $6.49 or less I would get a few.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                            Museum Patron
                            • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                            ^I can see them being done with Charmed,Married with Children, Facts of Life, and maybe the Brady Bunch because of all the Alices peg warming. She’s the one I see the most of which kind of makes me sad cause I like it.
                            I would guess that depends on how much lead time they need/have. I wouldn't count out more of the sitcom characters if they are too far along in the pipeline or already ordered from Target before the numbers came in. But I really hope Wave 4 is made with the sales data available from at least Wave 1. It seems Musicians have also been steady sellers (Hendrix is long gone around here, Kiss is doing well). And really, Fonzie has done quite well too, and the Cheers seems to be steady sellers (I think the beer mugs help, along with the recent sales)

While I wouldn't be upset either way if they finish those series or not, I hope they are very judicious on their choices.

I predict Wave 4 will include a Musician (likely Kiss member), Wizard of Oz (likely Scarecrow, do they still have the Tin Man molds handy?), Monster (Something recognizable but not necessarily Universal's license, could be a Zombie or generic Mummy), and 2 Star Treks.

For Star Trek, I expect a Klingon, but at some point I expect a show-accurate over vintage rerelease (I'm hoping for both). While I expect McCoy is coming, he's a good candidate for a Mirror 2-pack to continue that trend, so having 2 Blue Shirted McCoy's in the same wave doesn't sound likely. I'd expect a McCoy/Scotty Mirror Mirror 2-pack and probably a normal Uhura single card. If we are going to eventually get a Morena, maybe she'll be single-carded. Chekov isn't very visually distinct for a 2-pack anchor.

I would love for them to start upping the Monster count to at least 2 per wave, not counting Trek aliens. And I'd buy everything POTA Classic that they put out and I hope that's on the horizon. But for choices like Alice, I wish they had at least gone with 5000 instead of 10000 as an edition number for the more niche figures, same if they continue and put out characters like Bud Bundy.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 25, 2018

Fury, that’s a good point and I completely agree. Cut the number of married, charmed, and so on so they can at least finish the properties. Add more to the better sellers. Better yet, start making army builder characters. Flying monkeys, red shirts, zombies, and whatever else can be thought of.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                                Defender of the Megoverse
                                • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
                                Two words for Bewitched: Uncle Arthur!
                                I second that!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢