• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callistofreak
    Who stole my stuff !!!
    • Jul 1, 2006

EMCE prices have dropped......

EMCE prices have dropped......

Is anyone else seeing prices drop on Mego & EMCE figures?

I had to sell mine 4 or 5 years back. But this week, I have been able to
    start replacing my EMCE collection, on the cheap side.

Chekov $25
    Gorn $28
    Kirk $20
    Klingon $18
    Sulu $22
    Uhura $30

Plus currently someone has the original 6 Megos on eBay for $35 MOC $55 BIN
    but all the cards are cut off so... MIB mint in bubble?
    sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Glad you were able to sell your stuff. I knew the second these hit the streets the days of the hard to find, $100 Sulu were over

Comment

• Madcap70
      • Dec 4, 2017

I don't know what the big deal is about the prices drop so what? Now everyone can get these Megos not just the chosen few this is why I always hated "exclusives" that what killed alot of toy lines for me...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

*sigh*
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Madcap70
          I don't know what the big deal is about the prices drop so what? Now everyone can get these Megos not just the chosen few this is why I always hated "exclusives" that what killed alot of toy lines for me...
          EMCE's weren't exclusive. Any comic book store could get them if they ordered them through Diamond. I had no problem getting cases of these through them when they were released. Now Target and the 1st three waves of Mego figures...that was exclusive. Still doesn't explain the prices going down in my opinion. The EMCE's were a lot sharper than the "new" Megos. I personally think that it's the same old same old from Trek collectors. They, for the most part, are very fickle fans/collectors and don't want to spend as much on figures as they do with the prop stuff like phasers and replicas from the series. Been doing toys and toy shows for almost 25 years and that's what I've seen. They also give up really easy on the figure collecting because they literally scream for all the characters to be made...but freak out when they are actually made/offered...again, going back to the economics part of the whole equation.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            EMCE's weren't exclusive. Any comic book store could get them if they ordered them through Diamond. I had no problem getting cases of these through them when they were released. Now Target and the 1st three waves of Mego figures...that was exclusive. Still doesn't explain the prices going down in my opinion. The EMCE's were a lot sharper than the "new" Megos. I personally think that it's the same old same old from Trek collectors. They, for the most part, are very fickle fans/collectors and don't want to spend as much on figures as they do with the prop stuff like phasers and replicas from the series. Been doing toys and toy shows for almost 25 years and that's what I've seen. They also give up really easy on the figure collecting because they literally scream for all the characters to be made...but freak out when they are actually made/offered...again, going back to the economics part of the whole equation.
            Well that's not me there are more of the re-issue trek figures than the EMCE figures it's just certain people complaining "It's not worth that much anymore!" really? are you in it for a collector or trying to make money on this?

See this is how MOTUC is they had a Shadow Weaver figure that was a sub exclusive and it's really hard to come by and is a really demanded figure (I have one) and I don't have a problem with them re-releasing this figure BUT they are hardcore fans that are ****ed off and saying the same thing "My original is going to go down that's not fair!" So what? since when did this hobby only cater to people that where in the right place right time only?

EVERYONE that want's these should get them bottom line...And who cares about what a few fans think...

Comment

• KOMonger
              Banned
              • Feb 17, 2015

callistofreak Thanks for posting the good news/heads-up!

What I'd like to see drop is the Universal Frankenstein. I didn't pick up any Universal Monsters and don't really have a favorite, but I like how they came out but never acted on it.
              I would start working on a set if Franky could be had for a more down-to-earth price.

Well that's not me there are more of the re-issue trek figures than the EMCE figures...
              Is it known what kinds of numbers the Emce Treks were produced in? I never buy stuff for investment, but I think the packages, at least, from Emce suit the Trek figures better, display-wise. Can't beat new Mego's Mirror, Mirror boxes, though!
              If Emce's numbers tended to be lower than 10,000 (I'm assuming some figures' numbers would be lower/higher than others) then I expect the drop in prices to be temporary, so people who want them should not hesitate.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

The EMCE line was also available at retail, at FAO Schwartz. they certainly were not exclusive, although there was at least one, that was exclusive to an online store - Khan. I don't recall if any others were

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I think Khan was the only exclusive--and even it was easy to obtain from DM. The rest were plentiful through any DST retailer, FAO, and also Blockbuster Video. In fact, they were probably more accessible than the Target releases.

But we could be wrong, as just a few greedy fans...
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 24, '18, 9:33 AM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I think Khan was the only exclusive--and even it was easy to obtain from DM. The rest were plentiful through any DST retailer, FAO, and also Blockbuster Video. In fact, they were probably more accessible than the Target releases.

But we could be wrong, as just a few greedy fans...

you are correct about Khan though, in fact you can still get it on Dr Mego's website.

Comment

• toothaction
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by KOMonger
                      Is it known what kinds of numbers the Emce Treks were produced in?
                      I read recently that it was 5,000, but I'm hardly the right person to confirm such a a thing.
                      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like to know the production run, perhaps DM will chime in. I can tell you that, ten years or so after their release, my local comics & collectibles shop still has most of these available--at prices adjusted for "the market" of course.

Comment

• callistofreak
                          Who stole my stuff !!!
                          • Jul 1, 2006

I was not complaining about them being lower in price/value.
                          I'm so excited that I was able to finally re-buy these figures at a affordable price.
                          And getting the NEW Mego figures as well. This year has been great for me.
                          I'm just wondering is this a trend? Or did I just get lucky??
                          Is it time to go for the FANTASTIC FOUR???
                          sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I missed about five of the EMCEs, so this may be the time to finally catch up and complete the line.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I scored an Andorian for $20 over the weekend.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎