X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Possible Distribution Answer

For those that don't read the FB pages, some people focused on where there online orders were coming from as there has been such an inconsistency in the process, it couldn't be the same distribution centers.

The conclusion was Target uses their local stores to fulfill online orders. If you buy online, you can see where your order came from via the packing receipt. There's also this...

"Our stores are at the center of our digital growth," CEO Brian Cornell told CNBC last month. "They are fulfilling the majority of our online orders. … They are center to everything we are doing at Target."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/04/targ...-holidays.html

So....it appears what we're seeing are the stores are satellite distribution centers. Your order can come from the main hub or a store. I don't know if it's dependent on stock or location, but it at least explains the ping-pong delivery like Mary went through. It may also explain the "5up, 5down" we see online.
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
    For those that don't read the FB pages, some people focused on where there online orders were coming from as there has been such an inconsistency in the process, it couldn't be the same distribution centers.

The conclusion was Target uses their local stores to fulfill online orders. If you buy online, you can see where your order came from via the packing receipt. There's also this...

So....it appears what we're seeing are the stores are satellite distribution centers. Your order can come from the main hub or a store. I don't know if it's dependent on stock or location, but it at least explains the ping-pong delivery like Mary went through. It may also explain the "5up, 5down" we see online.
    Yes but if they dumped most of wave three at stores instead of online why can't they be ordered online? If they are pulling from those stores in question...

Comment

• zaphod
      • Dec 19, 2011

Given how much of wave 1 and 2 are warming pegs in the store, it seems like Target reversed their strategy with wave 3: sell in the stores first, and then those stores can take their excess and sell it on-line, and once that's done, then the bulk of the online inventory will sale. That could explain why only 5-10 of certain figures appear briefly available for sale. I was told the back-orders would not be filled until December even though they were selling the figures on-line AFTER I was back-ordered. I bought the Uhura/Sulu 2 packs again after my earlier purchases were back-ordered, and once those subsequent orders got shipped, I cancelled my back-orders. I am presuming the back-orders were to be filled with the bulk inventory they got reserved for the online sales that will happen later.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

My problem is when I purchase online it comes from up north near the Canada border. What is there no store in the south that has wave 2 or 3???

If this is what they are trying to do than stores with get stuck with wave 1 figures till the clearance them out. All 7 stores that go to still have Alice, Kelly, Peggy, Tootie and a few have Star Trek. There will be no hope for new figures till they sell those first. This is why I was happy about the website. So the true collectors could get there figures without having to resort to buying all the figures or shopping ebay.

Before the Target.com I collected the JLU figures and was told they will not restock the shelves till they sold what was there, so I would go in and buy every JLU single & three pack forcing them to reorder. This was the only way I got the complete lineup. Having said that, I did not have a lot of bills so I had money to spend. Today is different, I am paying for a house or while they are on sale I would have cleared the shelves again. I used to do a tons of custom JLU and still have more loose figures than I care to admit.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡