Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe 2003 - 2018: Ranked.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    ...although Avengers - Age of Ultron is a QUADRLLION times better than Iron Man 3, which is not only the worst Marvel movie EVER...but it’s one of the worst movies of all times...PERIOD.

So you NAILED that one...
    And it's so WEIRD that IRON MAN 3 is SOOOO bad because I just recently watched KISS KISS, BANG BANG with the team of Shane Black and RDJ and it was one of the better movies I've seen in recent history....
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
      Your list is fine, I disagree on a few, but that’s just our different personal opinions, we are all different.

Having said that...there’s one movie on your list that baffles me...

Your number 2...Avengers- Age of Ultron??????????????????????

That’s one of my LEAST favorite...I thought it was highly disappointing.

I just felt super after watching it

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Finished the Punisher 2.

12 Luke Cage season 2 -Terrible, unwatchable
        11 Jessica Jones season 2 -Terrible

10 Iron Fist season 2 -Slowwwwww

9 Punisher Season 1 -Not my cup of tea, if you like dark PTSD themed shoot 'em up shows, it is great.
        8 Punisher season 2 after a bad start and some really poor interludes, it was pretty good.

7 Defenders -OK, fun to tie them together
        6 Iron Fist season 1 - I liked it
        5 Daredevil season 2 - very good
        4 Luke Cage season 1- excellent
        3 Jessica Jones season 1 - excellent, surprising
        2 Daredevil season 1 - excellent, ground breaking
        1 Daredevil season 3 - AWESOME!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

1 Captain America First Avenger
          2 Guardians
          3 Ragnarok
          4 Avengers
          5 Black Panther
          6 Spider-Man Homecoming. Finally a properly cast Peter Parker
          7 Iron Man 2 I just like it better, scenery chewing villains, it moves the MCU along better, and Scarlett Johansson!!
          8 Second Hulk movie
          9 Dr. Strange
          10 Guardians 2
          fave non mcu movies
          Deadpool if Ryan Reynolds isn't brought into the MCU then Disney has zero sense of humor
          XMen First Class
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
            I just felt super after watching it
            And at the end of the day, that’s all that matters...

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

finally saw Venom

Non MCU theatrically released Marvel films

Bad:
              2005 Elektra - 2 One of the worst movies ever.
              2004 Blade: Trinity - 3 This movie was terrible.
              2007 Spider-Man 3 - 4 How could they have taken such a nose dive after "2"?
              2007 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 4 I love the Surfer, So I think that they did him poorly in this already poorly executed franchise left a bad taste.

Not terrible:
              2004 The Punisher - 4 Nope. I liked the Lundgren one better. There is a video short from this version that is excellent.
              2011 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - 4.5 not sure why this was made. It is watchable, but that's it.
              2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine. - 5 How hey made this as bad as they did is amazing considering what they had to work with.
              2005 Fantastic Four - 5 Watchable. That's it. I actually like the unreleased low budget place holder by Corman better.
              2007 Ghost Rider - 5 I like this better than most people. It was good for what it was.
              2014 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 5 A drop from AS 1, and Electro
              2013 The Wolverine - 6 Far better than Origin, but still not a strong film.
              2014 Fantastic Four - 6 - better than the previous version. attempt to use newest comic material. still not good.

Movies I liked:
              2006 X-Men: The Last Stand - 6 Lots of characters in a cool universe, but so many miscues.
              2008 Punisher: War Zone - 6 I don't care for the character apart from Spidey or DD. Otherwise it was OK.
              1986 Howard the Duck - 6 So much to love about this movie that flopped at the box office. Watch it fr fun.
              2002 Blade II - 6 Good vampire, comic action ad story.
              2018 Deadpool 2 6.5 Rehashed, unnecessarily graphic. OK.
              2018 Venom 7 - I really liked this nd was happy with the way they were able to d it without spidey. used comic elements with animated show elements
              2003 Daredevil - 7 OK I know I am not ranking this the way others do, but I don't understand the criticism. It was great.
              2016 X-Men: Apocalypse 7 - some things are great, other things drag this down
              2012 The Amazing Spider-Man 7 It was fine, but not memorable.
              2011 X-Men: First Class - 7 I liked it a lot. just didn't love it.

The Best of the Non MCU:
              1998 Blade - 7.5 I credit this movie with green lighting X-Men and heralding in the age of Comic based movies
              2016 Deadpool - 8 Tons of fun
              2017 Logan - a fitting end to an era. Well made.
              2000 X-Men - 8 Guaranteed us two decades of superhero films.
              2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9 I loved the story and the way they merged the timelines.
              2002 Spider-Man - 9 Loved it
              2003 X2 - 9 Better than the first
              2004 Spider-Man 2 - 10 one of my favorite movies.

Not included:
              2003 Hulk (Loosely tied in to MCU, in OP list)
              1989 The Punisher Direct-to-video in U.S.; limited theatrical release internationally
              1990 Captain America Direct-to-video in U.S.; limited theatrical release internationally
              1944 Captain America - Serial, not a feature film.
              And anything not released in theaters.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎