Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Yes, these boots are a bit hard to slip onto the original mego feet, and impossible to come off.

I have these in the gold color boots, and they only way I can remove them without breaking off the foot, would be to cut the boot off.

These boots were specifically made for the ctvt feet.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TrekStar
      Yes, these boots are a bit hard to slip onto the original mego feet, and impossible to come off.

I have these in the gold color boots, and they only way I can remove them without breaking off the foot, would be to cut the boot off.

These boots were specifically made for the ctvt feet.

Thank you for the info...

One more brief question about the boots-Let's hypothetically say I put them on a CTVT body, if I had pants that are made of thin material, in your opinion, is there enough room around the ankle/lower calf that the pants could be reasonably tucked in, or do you think it's be way too tight/hard to tuck them in? Thanks...

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Your welcome, actually I meant to say, I bought the tan color ones.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by apes3978
          Thank you for the info...

One more brief question about the boots-Let's hypothetically say I put them on a CTVT body, if I had pants that are made of thin material, in your opinion, is there enough room around the ankle/lower calf that the pants could be reasonably tucked in, or do you think it's be way too tight/hard to tuck them in? Thanks...

Sorry didn’t see the question until after. In my opinion, I think it’s to tight, but maybe there’s just enough room for a tight fit using the ctvt feet.

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
            Just some intel on the new Ape bandos and knives: http://www.classictvtoys.com/apeitems.aspx

Soldier & General Bandoliers now available in black and gray are nice looking, but the knife holster on General's gear is horrible. It's molded/cast too thinly and will instantly break if try to push in new knives (which are too wide) into them. I had to significantly trim the black knife to fit. Makes you wonder, didn't anyone test the two together before producing/selling!?!

Interestingly though, the new knives fit great into DM's bando which doesn't have any quality control issues.

As with the previous Apes clothing that FTC produced, the new gear is attractive and expands your Ape City Army, but are made of cheap materials. Handle with care.

I love the all black uniforms! When I first discovered that FTC made new color uniforms for the soldiers and generals, I was going to buy them but something happened and I forgot all about them. Now that I've read this thread, I'm glad I didn't.

Still cool looking though.
            Scott

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Action Martin
              I love the all black uniforms! When I first discovered that FTC made new color uniforms for the soldiers and generals, I was going to buy them but something happened and I forgot all about them. Now that I've read this thread, I'm glad I didn't.
              I hear you: It's reading this thread that made me leary to buy the Gorilla clothing from them too... I have read a few posts here on the MM where they said the stuff was still holding up okay for them, but it does look like the consensus is that there's a chance it'll fall apart more than there's a chance it won't...

Still, there's a part of me that might want to roll the dice and take a chance on them...
              Last edited by apes3978; Jan 10, '22, 4:33 AM.

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                I hear you: It's reading this thread that made me leary to buy the Gorilla clothing from them too... I have read a few posts here on the MM where they said the stuff was still holding up okay for them, but it does look like the consensus is that there's a chance it'll fall apart more than there's a chance it won't...

Still, there's a part of me that might want to roll the dice and take a chance on them...
                It looks like they only ones CTVT has left are orange tunic for Solider Ape and blue tunic for the Generals.
                Scott

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I have Apes and medieval customs using the black-vinyl tunics. They are intact--so far. Kept in a cooler, drier room without light.
                  My CTVT apes tunics are all disintegrating. It's really sad, I had made such nice Mordred and Sheriff of Nottingham customs using them, and the Merry Men really needed a foe.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    My CTVT apes tunics are all disintegrating.
                    That really, really stinks.
                    Scott

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I have the blue general's tunic on a vintage Urko, the color complements his helmet badge. The vinyl is separating from the fabric backing and flaking/shredding off.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

I see they are still selling the blue General's tunic and the gloves too… should have been a Consumer Protection Safety Commission recall on these!

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

A true shame.

When I got back into collecting Megos in 2007, I ordered the Robin Hood, Super Knights, and Mad Monsters from CTVT. I was disappointed with their smaller frame and tight bodies but they looked good for display purposes. I don't recall ever buying any of their clothing for customs.
                          Scott

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

A lot of their newer clothing is well-made. But their pleather, vinyl, and silicone items are problematic. There's been lengthy discussion here of their storage in Florida.

To be fair, I've hade some DM/Emce items degrade, too: repro Klingon tunics and Cornelius' tabard. I don't doubt that we'll see new Mego items with problems in a few years--I think it is the integrity of the materials chosen and not just the storage.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

I think it’s the lack of toxic lead and cadmium and asbestos and all those other deadly toxic things that toy manufacturers used to use on literally everything. Now all of this safe stuff just doesn’t hold up.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                                Radioactive!
                                • Feb 13, 2010

I bought an EMCE Klingon in a never opened package about a year ago, and the tunic started to crumble with very light handling.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎