X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Rivalry Week Begins!

USC vs. UCLA is my SuperBowl every year. Been a die hard Bruin Fain since the 7th grade and have never missed a game in this heated rivalry. Today my Bruins were too much for the men of Troy.

Today just adds to the amazing moments of this rivalry. One of my favorites dates back to '82: My Cousin Josh (also a Bruin fan) and I are watching the game at my friend Leo's house, which was right next to mine. Leo and I were Freshmen in High School at that time (known him since 3rd grade). It was a close game at the end and it appeared that the Bruins had it, but SC scores at the last second leaving no time on the clock. SC had the choice of kicking the extra point to end the game in a tie or go for 2 to win. Well, Coach Robinson decided he didn't travel to the Rose Bowl for a tie, he wanted to win, so those ba5tards went for 2. The anxiety was too much for me. I was already upset that SC scored at the final moments and now they had an opportunity to win it. The pressure got the best of me and I left Leo's den to head to my place. I didn't want to see any Trojans celebrating at the Rose Bowl.

Skip over to 8:00. I heard my Cousin screaming, "They sacked him! They sacked him!" I ran back in Leo's den to find Josh jumping up and down and Leo literally trying to pull out his hair. Josh and I started hugging and rolling around on the floor until Leo lost it and told us to get the Hell out of his house. He then physically showed us the door and threw us out. It was amazing and I will never forget it. Leo moved to Argentina shortly after College but is in town this week. We're getting together tonight in Old Town Pasadena for drinks and dinner. I may have to bring up today's game and the magic that occurred back in '82.
    Last edited by J.B.; Nov 17, '18, 8:48 PM.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Yep. Here it's Auburn @ Alabama in the Iron Bowl. Roll Tide!!

Gotta love this coming weekend no matter who you root for.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Yeah Michigan vs. Ohio State is a big one. Usually Ohio State is the power house and Michigan is trying to be the spoiler but this year the roles have been reversed.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Maybe one or all of them will be as exciting as that NFL Monday night game was last night. Whew!

Enjoy!

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎