X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Uh-oh...my new addiction.

So....on a recent trip to the Wally World toy dept. what do I see?

Hasbro reissue G1 Transformers. Devastator. Hot Rod. Starscream. Suddenly it was 1984 again.
    Ended up buying them all. Then I spotted this beautiful NEW Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime and it just called to me.

Then I found another Hot Rod. Then I started looking on Ebay. I forgot how truly awesome these toys are.
    Great timing too since G1 Starscream, Shockwave, Optimus Prime and Soundwave are appearing in the new Bumblebee movie.

Took this nice group photo...

• Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Super-cool!

I'm excited about these and the movie!

Next they need to make a three and a half feet tall Unicron.

And, it's probably a good time to make some Quintesson toys!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, those are great. I've picked up Hot Rod and Starscream but haven't seen Devastator or the mini cars yet.

BTW: Have you seen the new Transformers Siege figures? Best Megatron and Optimus Prime they have ever done in the voyager class. Awesome G1 cartoon looks in bot mode.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Yeah, those are great. I've picked up Hot Rod and Starscream but haven't seen Devastator or the mini cars yet.

BTW: Have you seen the new Transformers Siege figures? Best Megatron and Optimus Prime they have ever done in the voyager class. Awesome G1 cartoon looks in bot mode.
        ^^ Yes! They are gorgeous! I love the battle damage too...they're on my list for sure!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, these are REALLY tempting. If not for space issue, I'd dive in, headfirst. I do have the Hot Rod on the left that my daughter gave me last year, but the G1 reissue is tempting. Somehow I kept my original Rodimus Prime, but Hot Rod disappeared over the years.

Have you seen the $5 limited articulation figures with no transformation? Most are straight up G1 cartoon model sheet designs, inspired by the Bumblebee movie, of course. I've seen Opitimus, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave, plus new movie Bumblebee. For the price, they are nice G1 cartoon figures.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

I've been very tempted in jumping in the pool of all the Gen1 TF. Even before then I thought the Powers of the Prime series were done marvelously and certainly better than anything I've seen on the shelves in quite some time. Just too expensive. If I weren't supporting Lego or Mego I'd be all over the neat TFs stuff.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I just got back from Target and picked up the Bumblebee movie exclusive Soundwave. He's totally G1 accurate!!

I'll be taking some pics later!

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf

The Siege figures look awesome. The leader class Shockwave is an instant pick up when released.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

A reissue of the G1 Optimus Prime was just revealed. No trailer this time. Only the cab. First time for a US release. I imagine it was the only way to get the price point down.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Just be careful when buying these from Walmart's website. Hot Rod is cheap on there for $12.97 but if you try to get say Starscream,you have to pay attention who you buy it from on there. Site lists it for $34.76 but when you click to order it,the price jumps to $73.98. They have it with a different seller. Same with Devastator. I think someone has it for $139. If you want it for the Walmart price you have to go to the other sellers section.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Walmart's website is a bit of a mess. I always just wait until they hit the stores.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2011

way cool dude....amazing

good for you.

CORNY
                        Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                        :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                        I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎