X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mod Style
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 1, 2009

Hey Marty!

I'm very excited about the new Megos and would love to buy your product but the ones I want have been mostly unavailable to me. I've made frequent calls and visits to three different Target stores with no luck. Same story online. I leave my email up but when I get the notification that the item is in stock, the item is gone in the time it takes me to go from email to Target.com. This has happened as many as 3 or 4 times in one day over the past two weeks. There's a lot of speculation. Some people think that this is "test marketing", others say that scalpers are getting all the figures, and others say that there is simply not enough product to meet demand. You have the answer as to what is going on here. If you would address the consumers like you did when there was a problem with Wave 1, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Joe
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

And to boot....Why can't I order Wave 3 green shirt Kirk or Mirror Sulu Uhura. This is becoming disheartening to us Mego fans.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 5, 2018

It would be nice if he would address the issues. Might get people to relax a bit

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Nicely communicated, Joe.

It's possible that sharing the above might elicit some sort of response over on the Ambassadors FB page if you tag the message to @Mego Adm, @Paul Clarke and @Joel Rosenzweig. All 3 are admins and do offer occasional direct feedback.

I received a message back from whomever is fielding DMs at the Mego Corp page a short while ago:

Appreciated, but I think some sort of public statement to this effect would go a long way towards keeping our good faith in check.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
          • Oct 15, 2018

Marty's busy. Look how many unique figures and out fits have been churned out in a short time span. Im impressed.
          Last edited by ObiSeanMEGObi; Nov 16, '18, 3:39 PM. Reason: mispelling I guess

Comment

• MEGO Kid
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 5, 2018

Evidently Mego's, at least to Target, hold about the same importance as them getting a new brand of dog food in the store
            Last edited by MEGO Kid; Nov 16, '18, 3:56 PM.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

For the last two years, Target has had a kind of cool Christmas ad with all of the "toys come to life" and interacting. Two years ago, it was "The Toycracker," and was initially a little short film with John Legend; last year, there were four that featured the toys all living together in a house, with Superman, LEGO Batman, some TMNT and Ponies, etc. I thought the other day it would be cool if they do one this year and have a Mego, especially since they are exclusive to the store. It would definitely suggest they saw them as important.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎