X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Exciting Toys from the Star Wars Series

This nice ad from Zayres (wish i had the whole flyer) is from Christmas 1983 and I'm guessing by that point, I had jumped off the wonderful train that was Star Wars.

I still read the Marvel comic mind you but I honestly don't recognize or remember that mini-rig or the plush Ewoks at all. I hope it brings joy to those that do.

We have a PodCast! It's fun, please listen.

Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Is that Biker Scout going to be forced to wear a metal bikini?

I agree some of the magic had gone by the time Jedi toys rolled out, but I gotta say, that star field background is wonderful.

Comment

• neogelion
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 11, 2009

Seeing it was from Zayres makes me happier than seeing those toys.
      Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

That village playset is bada** and I don't even like Star Wars anymore.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^I know, wouldn't it be awesome with Super 7 apes? Maybe the Robin Hood version...
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, When I look at the Ewok villages and Jabba Playsets I just think of Zeller's department stores. They had them until the early 1990s when they were clearanced and replaced with Dick Tracy cars.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
              Heh, When I look at the Ewok villages and Jabba Playsets I just think of Zeller's department stores. They had them until the early 1990s when they were clearanced and replaced with Dick Tracy cars.
              Those Dick Tracy figures were ugly. I got a set from somebody when they cleaned their garage out I couldn't give them away. Carded figures $1 a piece and a guy told me He didn't want them because I'm missing the Blank.

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

I had that Jabba playset but I don't remember playing with it much. Maybe because Star Wars was winding down and my interests moved on to RAH GI Joe and Transformers.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• tay666
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 27, 2008

None of that stuff even looks familiar to me.
                  I had really fallen off the SW toys by that time.
                  Think I had picked up a few of the figures but that was about it.
                  I had all the cards of course, and I continued with the comics, but that was about it.
                  And the cards didn't really bring me that much joy. By that time, I had the income to just buy a ton of packs and put the set together. No scraping together the change for a pack or two and seeing what I got, and waiting for more money to fill holes.
                  Think I threw the set together in less than a month, if it even took that long.
                  Heck, I don't even remember any of the images or anything about the cards. Though I still have them, packed away with all the rest. (never did get the Wonderbread set)

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

That is fantastic!

I don't remember the Ewok Village being so cheap.

It is big with many things on it, a lot of stuff compared to buying a vehicle.

I loved how Jabba's Throne opened up.

It's always cool to have things like little bones and mice sculpted inside.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

While I do remember these pieces, I had grown weary of this line by Jedi. I recall having Luke. Not sure if I had any of the other figures. I was already heavily into GI Joe RAH.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Man, I loved Zayres. It’s the first store I remember being open super late during the Christmas season. I love the Ewok village. It’s probably my favorite play set, though it was after my childhood interest in Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎