X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Overlord Movie

I went to see Overlord tonight. I've been interested in seeing it since I saw the first trailer.

At the basis of the movie it's played off as the movie version of the Call of Duty Zombie game but it's much more than that. It takes place on D-Day, hence the title. It's produced by JJ Abrams and has some recognizable faces in the cast. Also I didn't realize until afterwards, but Kurt Russell's son Wyatt Russell plays in it.

I thought it was shot well, had some suspense and some horror elements that fit in with the R rating it has. I really did enjoy it and some parts are a tad predictable but it still was a pretty cool movie.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Never heard of it, but will certainly have a look.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Exactly one year after your thread..I finally watched it last night on Amazon Prime.

WOW!

Going in, I thought it was a low-budget flick, but it’s not...

You called it, it was shot well...it has beautiful cinematography. The downing of the bomber with protagonist soldiers on board scene was amazing...harrowing/terrifying...what a boss scene.

Well acted too. The lead actor was likable. The tough as nails unit commander was baddarze. The lead NAZI made for a great villain.

The French actress was hubba, hubba, ha...

Great WWII/Horror movie.

I loved it! I strongly recommend it.

I’m gonna watch it again...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I have less and less tolerance for gore as I age, but this film sounds interesting.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎