Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

EMCE Re-Issues?

OK we've seen the Star Trek lines that were re-introduced to Mego how about other EMCE lines?

Is this a no go or only Star Trek?

Lines like:

Night Of The Living Dead
    Battlestar Galactica
    Twilight Zone
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Doctor Who
    Venture Brothers

Any ideas?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Biff Bang Pow is not synonymous with Emce, and I'm sure any licenses would have to be renegotiated for Mego Corp., regardless.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah BBP did their own sculpts with their own people, so Mego wouldn't necessarily have easy access to that.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

But NOTLD is public domain so if there really a license for this line?

And was it not EMCE that did that Zombie kit awhile back in Mego scale?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I'd love to see Mego produce Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman figures.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
            I'd love to see Mego produce Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman figures.
            Yes! *that* would be *very very* cool...I'd esprecially appreciate a 6 - 7" high Jaime Sommers. I keep wishing. The BBP Fembot alone really kept me hoping.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Madcap70
              But NOTLD is public domain so if there really a license for this line?

And was it not EMCE that did that Zombie kit awhile back in Mego scale?
              yes, they did NOTLD and they did the Zombie kit. I still have the kit unused in my closet. I bought it thinking it would be fun to do with the kids, but then never got around to it, LOL. it like John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I loved the BBP smdm figs even tho they had poor quality bodies and bad paint apps on some. Their Bigfoot and Oscar Goldman were perfectly executed. Wish they would’ve used that bionicjoe custom head instead. Wouldn’t mind seeing this line again.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I believe Doctor Who was canceled prematurely. Clearly BBP was going for retro when the market wanted modern. A wiser approach would have been a focus on current characters, and a focus on trying to get all the Doctors done. But then I look at my Sutekh, and realise it's an amazing figure, and it makes me happy and sad.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎