Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I find Black Lightning too racially charged and the music is mixed too loud into the show. It isn't background music, it overpowering. It should be subtle, not overwhelming. It doesn't match the action on screen. It's really out of place. And his very distinct beard would give his identity away.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I enjoy Black Lightning, one of my favorite super heroes. I am way behind this season because my wife wants to watch it with me. It is a CW DC show, but it definitely has a different vibe to it. I don't even know what universe it is in; maybe a completely new one from Supergirl and Arrow?

But I also understand the over saturation people are feeling. I stopped watching Legends more than a season ago (skipped all of last season). I have been growing bored of Arrow for a while, but last season, I stopped around Halloween and just never picked it back up. Supergirl is okay and I liked seeing The Legion of Super-Heroes, but of the DC shows I watch, it's feels the most forced to me. I still enjoy The Flash, but it's not Must Watch That Night TV for me anymore.

Different universe, but Gotham got boring and felt forced to, so I gave that up a while ago.

Black Lightning and The Flash are the ones I enjoy the most right now.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

I still love Arrow and Supergirl.
        Flash has never been my favorite of the pack, but I keep up with it.
        I also like Legends, if only for Sara Lance and now Constantine... I gave up thinking this show would ever get as serious as the other Arrowverse shows, so I enjoy it for what it is and for all of the DC easter eggs they toss in.
        I think Black Lightning might be good, but the fact that it hasn't been tied to any of the others is the reason I haven't watched it yet.
        Maybe one of these days I'll give it a go... it's on Netflix, so I suppose I can catch up.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Last night introduced The Looker and named dropped Geo-Force! So it does look like we are building up to the Outsiders afterall.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• callistofreak
            Who stole my stuff !!!
            • Jul 1, 2006

I have been watching since the pilot. I really like the show.
            What I like most is, it does not follow all the other CW super-shows.
            With there cookie cutter season plots. I look forward to it every week.
            Fresh stuff
            sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎