Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no love for Black Lightning??

Images
    I kind of want to get into it, but I feel like if I want gritty I'll just go to Netflix and Daredevil. That may not be fair to this show, but there's only so many hours in the day, and we now have so many comic-based shows its easy to just ignore a huge chunk of them.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I cannot get over the fact that so many people are complaining about the fact that we are getting comic book tv shows where they actually fight bad guys now. As a HUGE fan of comic books in the media, I would rather watch those than 30 minute sitcoms. I do watch Sci-Fi shows and First Responders shows but in general I love watching comic book shows. I grew up watching them so to see something like the Arrowverse where they connect with other shows makes me extremely happy. I remember watch Batman 66 and then the first boom to the comic books in the media happened with Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Shazam/Isis and Spider-Man but was upset that they did not have villains. Then we got Superboy who sorta fought badguys, then Lois & Clark The Adventures of Superman where again we sorta got badyguys were he could fight somebody but not all the time. Smallville was good but it drove me crazy that they did not give him a costume to start with.

Finally we get the Arrowverse where Green Arrow is fighting badguys and teaming up with other heroes. Yeah some the plots are not the best in the world, but then some of the comic books are just as bad. I am not looking forward to the day where we do not have comic books in the media and go back to all cops show. Do not get me wrong I watch what on Thursday and Friday the "First Responders" shows; Firefighters, cops, military and medical shows and I like most of them. But lets face it, I am a comic book nerd so I will watch whatever version I can get.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    ^I honestly don't have much time to get deeply involved with the number of TV shows aimed right at me. The nature of action dramas nowadays is that the stories are serialized, so if you miss more than one episode, it's hard to catch up. Yes, you can DVR them or catch them on a streaming service and binge them later, but you can't "drop in" like you could back in the days of The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and the original Flash.

Most of the shows are an investment that I sadly don't have time to give, with family, work, and creative projects always vying for more of my time.

I'm a huge comic nerd too (take one look at my house and you'll never doubt that) but I just can't watch it all.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^ agreed. there is only so much time in the day and I do need to sleep too

Images
    If Black Lightning bought back a version of Hamlin Rule I'd watch that.

C'mon the plot writes itself.

I find Black Lightning too racially charged and the music is mixed too loud into the show. It isn't background music, it overpowering. It should be subtle, not overwhelming. It doesn't match the action on screen. It's really out of place. And his very distinct beard would give his identity away.

I enjoy Black Lightning, one of my favorite super heroes. I am way behind this season because my wife wants to watch it with me. It is a CW DC show, but it definitely has a different vibe to it. I don't even know what universe it is in; maybe a completely new one from Supergirl and Arrow?

But I also understand the over saturation people are feeling. I stopped watching Legends more than a season ago (skipped all of last season). I have been growing bored of Arrow for a while, but last season, I stopped around Halloween and just never picked it back up. Supergirl is okay and I liked seeing The Legion of Super-Heroes, but of the DC shows I watch, it's feels the most forced to me. I still enjoy The Flash, but it's not Must Watch That Night TV for me anymore.

Different universe, but Gotham got boring and felt forced to, so I gave that up a while ago.

Black Lightning and The Flash are the ones I enjoy the most right now.

I still love Arrow and Supergirl.
    Flash has never been my favorite of the pack, but I keep up with it.
    I also like Legends, if only for Sara Lance and now Constantine... I gave up thinking this show would ever get as serious as the other Arrowverse shows, so I enjoy it for what it is and for all of the DC easter eggs they toss in.
    I think Black Lightning might be good, but the fact that it hasn't been tied to any of the others is the reason I haven't watched it yet.
    Maybe one of these days I'll give it a go... it's on Netflix, so I suppose I can catch up.

Last night introduced The Looker and named dropped Geo-Force! So it does look like we are building up to the Outsiders afterall.

Images
    I have been watching since the pilot. I really like the show.
    What I like most is, it does not follow all the other CW super-shows.
    With there cookie cutter season plots. I look forward to it every week.
    Fresh stuff
    Who stole my stuff !!!