X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Another weekly recap of all the things I sincerely can't afford to purchase at the minute. Oh well, where would i put it?

Remco Star Trek Instant TV- I have this fascination with the Remco Star Trek toys, they're just previously existing toys with "STAR TREK" written on them but for some reason, I WANT THEM ALL. I've never seen this one before and it's not helping me tame the collector monster that lurks inside me.

Related Link: Star Trek Remco Galleries on PlaidStallions.

Torak! Falcon 80 is GI Joe from Brazil and they just got crazy with the science fiction and it included a villain character that GI Joe totally deserved. These are crazy expensive and hard to find but now they're being reissued and you can get a MIB one for a tenth of the price. I can't wait for more characters.

Related Link: GI Joes from Brazil article

Denys Fisher Cyberman- I love Mego, I love Doctor Who and i think the Cybermen are boss. This figure was all i thought about in 1998 and i grossly overpaid for one that year. Now you can buy one for much less than I paid in 1998.

Aquaman's Supersea Aquarium- Before I had kids, i had this groovy office filled with Aquaman toys. This piece was my holy grail but i could never pull the trigger on it because logical as it is, it's an aquarium with a picture of Aquaman in it. Why is it so neat?

Bionic Woman Shower playset from Mexico. I hope all that water doesn't short out her bionics! Kenner did give the Bionic Woman doll some action related accessories but this is definitely not one of them.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

How come no one has thought to make an Aquaman aquarium again?

Comment

• tay666
      Career Member
      • Dec 27, 2008

Wow!
      That head-sculpt on the Cyberman is really bad.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I collected Aquaman for a while. I sold off the DCU, pops, etc but I still love the megos. I think I'll keep the Super Powers figure and Aparo issues for good measure.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

The instructions on the Bionic Woman doll clearly says "Do not immerse in water". If the doll got wet, the "clicking" sound of her "Bionic hearing" would be ruined. So I dunno who thought this shower set was a good idea!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍