X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

WAVE 3 FLASH review

Just received this in the mail today and I've got to say this is the best figure thus far in the 14 inch lot.
    [IMG][/IMG]

For starters, he looks really good as presented in his box.

[IMG][/IMG]

You will note his accessory, located on the bottom side of the insert, is a plastic replica of his logo. Sorry I didn't get a close up, but it is what you see.

[IMG][/IMG]

The body on this one is very good. The floppiness in the waist is gone (completely). All the limbs are tight and he stands effortlessly.

[IMG][/IMG]

The costume is well fitting with the standard Velcro on the back.

[IMG][/IMG]

And as always the head sculpt is magic. Andy if this is yours, buddy you nailed it again. Classic.

[IMG][/IMG]

And if you were wondering if they would give him tread, the answer is a resounding YES! Nice work guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's the primary artwork for the packaging...

[IMG][/IMG]

Most definitely a welcome addition to my collection, since I'm a huge Flash fan. Mego did not disappoint in execution or design. Well done to everyone on the team!
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the review! The Flash looks great!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

That is a stellar figure. Love the unique boots.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Yay.... *everything* is truly perfect. All of it.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Very cool! That is the only 14" figure I'm missing.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• supes
            For the love of Mego's!
            • Jan 19, 2004

He is perfect! Can't wait to get him!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Thanks for this review, Tom. It’s my first time seeing this figure. Man, it’s amazing! He really looks unbelievably good.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Flash is looking awesome, I'm not into the 14" figures, but I might give in with both Superman and Flash.

Comment

• rodkeith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 16, 2008

He looks fantastic. Love the detail of the boots. Can't wait to get him (whenever that happens).

If I had one question, and it doesn't really bother me because I open these things, but I wonder why they've used New 52 or Rebirth versions on the packaging, when they're clearly 'classic' in design on the inside? Surely there is enough Garcia-Lopez art out there for the licensors to use the iconic versions.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I noticed that too...the lack of yellow lines is actually welcomed. I kind of get why the lines are there... The idea that the look of the character needs to be refreshed... The idea that more details make it look more real... Still prefer the clean smooth look of the 70s outfits.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Just received this in the mail today and I've got to say this is the best figure thus far in the 14 inch lot.
                      [IMG][/IMG]

For starters, he looks really good as presented in his box.

[IMG][/IMG]

You will note his accessory, located on the bottom side of the insert, is a plastic replica of his logo. Sorry I didn't get a close up, but it is what you see.

[IMG][/IMG]

The body on this one is very good. The floppiness in the waist is gone (completely). All the limbs are tight and he stands effortlessly.

[IMG][/IMG]

The costume is well fitting with the standard Velcro on the back.

[IMG][/IMG]

And as always the head sculpt is magic. Andy if this is yours, buddy you nailed it again. Classic.

[IMG][/IMG]

And if you were wondering if they would give him tread, the answer is a resounding YES! Nice work guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's the primary artwork for the packaging...

[IMG][/IMG]

Most definitely a welcome addition to my collection, since I'm a huge Flash fan. Mego did not disappoint in execution or design. Well done to everyone on the team!
                      brilliant pictures of a brilliant figure
                      thanks for posting them tom

he sure looks like christmas ,
                      i think its the reflections in the foil edition sticker that looks like a christmas tree to me ,that and the subtle red and green motif that pops up in your pictures ,the bare feet the packaging, the fire place , just has a christmas morning feel to me
                      hope we all get one under our trees this year

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Now this is more like it! That figure is PERFECT, and I'll definitely pick him up. I know my recent criticisms may come off as negative to some, but I'm more than happy to give praise in equal amounts when it's earned.

Well done MEGO!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

They Mary Poppins'ed it. I am really impressed that they tooled the unique boot for him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Great review Tom! I'm definitely in on this one for sure! Great job Mego!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                              I noticed that too...the lack of yellow lines is actually welcomed. I kind of get why the lines are there... The idea that the look of the character needs to be refreshed... The idea that more details make it look more real... Still prefer the clean smooth look of the 70s outfits.
                              I’m 100% with you on that! I’ve never liked the fact that the powers that be, now, always feel the need to “update” all of the superhero costumes. I think I’m in the minority with that sentiment, but the updates always take some of the fun out of it for me. It’s gotten to the point where many of the superheroes are nearly unrecognizable to me; because of that I don’t have an interest in seeing those particular superhero movies.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎