Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAVE 3 FLASH review

Images

WAVE 3 FLASH review

Just received this in the mail today and I've got to say this is the best figure thus far in the 14 inch lot.
    [IMG][/IMG]

For starters, he looks really good as presented in his box.

[IMG][/IMG]

You will note his accessory, located on the bottom side of the insert, is a plastic replica of his logo. Sorry I didn't get a close up, but it is what you see.

[IMG][/IMG]

The body on this one is very good. The floppiness in the waist is gone (completely). All the limbs are tight and he stands effortlessly.

[IMG][/IMG]

The costume is well fitting with the standard Velcro on the back.

[IMG][/IMG]

And as always the head sculpt is magic. Andy if this is yours, buddy you nailed it again. Classic.

[IMG][/IMG]

And if you were wondering if they would give him tread, the answer is a resounding YES! Nice work guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's the primary artwork for the packaging...

[IMG][/IMG]

Most definitely a welcome addition to my collection, since I'm a huge Flash fan. Mego did not disappoint in execution or design. Well done to everyone on the team!
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Thanks for the review! The Flash looks great!

Images
    That is a stellar figure. Love the unique boots.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Yay.... *everything* is truly perfect. All of it.

Images
    Very cool! That is the only 14" figure I'm missing.

Images
    He is perfect! Can't wait to get him!!

Images
    Thanks for this review, Tom. It’s my first time seeing this figure. Man, it’s amazing! He really looks unbelievably good.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Flash is looking awesome, I'm not into the 14" figures, but I might give in with both Superman and Flash.

He looks fantastic. Love the detail of the boots. Can't wait to get him (whenever that happens).

If I had one question, and it doesn't really bother me because I open these things, but I wonder why they've used New 52 or Rebirth versions on the packaging, when they're clearly 'classic' in design on the inside? Surely there is enough Garcia-Lopez art out there for the licensors to use the iconic versions.

I noticed that too...the lack of yellow lines is actually welcomed. I kind of get why the lines are there... The idea that the look of the character needs to be refreshed... The idea that more details make it look more real... Still prefer the clean smooth look of the 70s outfits.