X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Talking About Andorians.

Noodling around in the Trek gallery it struck me that the Andorian we have is not a real Andorian. He is obviously based on the spy who was altered to resemble an Andorian. If Mego 2.0 lasts long enough to get to the Andorian I wouldn't mind seeing them do the Andorian mental patient from Whom Gods Destroy. Fabulous pink boa included.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

The Mego Andorian reminds me more of the one from "The Gamesters of Triskelion" episode. Not exact mind you...
    sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

I personally would not mind getting both Andorians seen in “Journey to Babel” as well as those from the other episodes. True the younger of the two in the Babel episode was an imposter but the older was an actual Andorian and had a unique look to him. The spy was also apparently convincing enough to fool the Ambassadors and Starfleet so I’m happy with that version as well!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The Andorian is my favorite Trek alien, I'd welcome a new or reissue version. Adding a Tellerite to the mix would be thrilling.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            The Andorian is my favorite Trek alien, I'd welcome a new or reissue version. Adding a Tellerite to the mix would be thrilling.
            I agree with all of this I would love a Tellerite, and let's throw in a correct version Talosian to the mix.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              I agree with all of this I would love a Tellerite, and let's throw in a correct version Talosian to the mix.
              Yeah mego got it wrong twice. They could use the Talos head with a silver rope. Mugato head and body isn't bad either just needs a white fur suit.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Oh c'mon...the Talos is perfect. Every dying race of super psychics dress like clowns. It's a sci fi trope.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

I think a 2 pack boxed set of vintage mego style and slightly more correct versions would be the perfect blend.

Comment

• cwilfing
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Here's an idea I've been kicking around, I remember a lot of people being disappointed that Chapel never got released, I also remember people wanting another member of Pikes crew why not do a Chapel number one two pack. They could get extra mileage from the same head sculpt, the only expense would be different clothes.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2008

A 2 pack of either journey to Babel or Whom Gods Destroy Andorian and Tellerite would be sweet. So many great possibilities where Trek is concerned.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                        A 2 pack of either journey to Babel or Whom Gods Destroy Andorian and Tellerite would be sweet. So many great possibilities where Trek is concerned.

You read my mind. Andorian and Tellarite in a two-pack where they are throwing insults at each other!
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                          So many great possibilities where Trek is concerned.
                          Yes! Mirror, Mirror aside, I can think of at least a dozen figures I'd like.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I was just studying the Mego Andorian, and comparing it to photos of the classic eps, and he seems to be a mix of both characters in the story. Because the one he is supposedly based on is quite diffferent, he had a silver blouse with a brown studded belt, a loose (more green or greyish) poncho over it, dark pants and boots, and no gloves.
                            If we're going to revisit existing figures, I'd really love screen accurate ones.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                              I was just studying the Mego Andorian, and comparing it to photos of the classic eps, and he seems to be a mix of both characters in the story. Because the one he is supposedly based on is quite diffferent, he had a silver blouse with a brown studded belt, a loose (more green or greyish) poncho over it, dark pants and boots, and no gloves.
                              If we're going to revisit existing figures, I'd really love screen accurate ones.
                              Here's my Custom Andorian...based on "The Journey to Babel" episode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎