Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nearly 2 full hours of Kmart Christmas muzak from 1974.

Images
    ^ It immediately made me think of the zealous organ-playing neighbor in Edward Scissorhands. I sure don't see a Christmas connection.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on at 51: 57, but I like it.
    i have the urge to rollerskate.

Images
    A little more Kmart Christmas to set the mood.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

As nostalgic as this makes me feel, it also makes me sad.
    Mainly because the picture of the Kmart in the video looks a lot like our local one that closed several years ago.
    It also happened to be the only department store in our city, so I spent a lot of time there.
    And at this point there is only one operating Kmart in about 150 mile radius.

Images
    I never set foot in a K-Mart until I was 15 years old. (they just weren't around in the places I lived up until that point), but I remember department store Christmas "muzak" playing in other places like Macy's, Gimbels, and maybe Woolworths. But the first part of that "Merry Merry Christmas" jingle in the '79 ad was still going in the 80s.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."