Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly 2 full hours of Kmart Christmas muzak from 1974.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nearly 2 full hours of Kmart Christmas muzak from 1974.

I don't know about you guys but I'm in the holiday mood after listening to this.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Ohhhh, *thank you*! I needed that today....much appreciated

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

My favorite parts are the old Kmart jingles and announcements.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

nice one. Would love to know where the pic is from. Looks a lot like the one in LaSalle/Peru. Spent many a Sunday there sitting in the car with my dad listening to the Cubs or Bears on the radio while waiting on Mom.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

That’s much nicer than I expected! Thanks for sharing it! I’m going to revisit it as the season wears on.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
            That’s much nicer than I expected!
            Yeah, it's actually quite pleasant. Just some nice retro holiday music you can leave on in the background.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure what's going on at 51: 57, but I like it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that would be cool to listen to when opening presents! Thanks for sharing!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• msenger76
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 3, 2009

we've randomly been letting this play in the house for the past few weeks.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    (A bit frightening,IMO...shiver)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^ It immediately made me think of the zealous organ-playing neighbor in Edward Scissorhands. I sure don't see a Christmas connection.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        i have the urge to rollerskate.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

A little more Kmart Christmas to set the mood.

Comment

• tay666
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 27, 2008

As nostalgic as this makes me feel, it also makes me sad.
                            Mainly because the picture of the Kmart in the video looks a lot like our local one that closed several years ago.
                            It also happened to be the only department store in our city, so I spent a lot of time there.
                            And at this point there is only one operating Kmart in about 150 mile radius.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

I never set foot in a K-Mart until I was 15 years old. (they just weren't around in the places I lived up until that point), but I remember department store Christmas "muzak" playing in other places like Macy's, Gimbels, and maybe Woolworths. But the first part of that "Merry Merry Christmas" jingle in the '79 ad was still going in the 80s.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎