Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does there need to be a second run of popular figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Does there need to be a second run of popular figures?

Maybe with a different card so collectors don't feel ripped off? Or are they just not getting out to customers? Gorn, Frank etc?
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

I thought the figures that are Target exclusives this year would carry forward into 2019 in some manner. If they continue to be limited and difficult to find or simply unavailable at retail what is the point in trying to collect all the figures in a certain theme whether it's Star Trek, Cheers or The Facts of Life etc.

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Honestly getting curious what Marty Abrams thinks of all this.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I have an idea...if these are exclusives, then maybe some of them could be "re-released" later with different clothes? Like for instance: The Romulan...lose the Helmut and give him a more accurate uniform(Balance of Terror episode). Things like that would work...
        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
          I have an idea...if these are exclusives, then maybe some of them could be "re-released" later with different clothes? Like for instance: The Romulan...lose the Helmut and give him a more accurate uniform(Balance of Terror episode). Things like that would work...
          Love the idea, I have a custom of that, but I'd love to actually see a mego released Romulan Commander and Female Romulan Commander (Joanne Linville) version, a definite buy for me.

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

10,000 of each figure should be enough. The shortage of the more popular characters like Frank or some of the Star Trek makes me think it's mostly about hoarders and scalpers. As frustrated as I am, I think in a few months all the figures will be available on ebay for close to retail or returned back to Target. Of course, I may have given up by then.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by rykerw1701
              10,000 of each figure should be enough. The shortage of the more popular characters like Frank or some of the Star Trek makes me think it's mostly about hoarders and scalpers. As frustrated as I am, I think in a few months all the figures will be available on ebay for close to retail or returned back to Target. Of course, I may have given up by then.
              I hope you're right. But being a child of the 70's, I'm at a point in my life where if something brings more aggravation than happiness, I kick it to the curb. And this is getting aggravating.

Comment

• Moxen
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 6, 2016

Someone tallied the amount of Franks sold on ebay to less than 1% of the run.

My hypothesis is Target is behind the bottleneck. Their online and store distribution has been...less than optimal. I haven't been able to find Frank and Gorn online since wave 2 launch day and never saw wave 3 online at all.

In store isn't an option in Canada, because they botched supply so bad they imploded here. No surprise to see it happening again.

It would be wonderful to hear if the first few lines will be re-released by competent retailers that do business worldwide, so people can actually support Mego.

Comment

• callistofreak
                  Who stole my stuff !!!
                  • Jul 1, 2006

I thought at the end of the year. There deal would be up with Target.
                  And then they would be sold everywhere, that wanted to carry them.

So, I'm guessing they will re-release the figures out so far.
                  But they will not be limited to 10,000.
                  So, there will not be the numbered stickers on them.
                  Yes??
                  sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by callistofreak
                    I thought at the end of the year. There deal would be up with Target.
                    And then they would be sold everywhere, that wanted to carry them.

So, I'm guessing they will re-release the figures out so far.
                    But they will not be limited to 10,000.
                    So, there will not be the numbered stickers on them.
                    Yes??
                    My wish will be....that Doc/Marty will create a Mego Store (online) from where we could order all the Megos we want....In a perfect world.

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Of course, I may have given up by then.
                      I’ve given up.
                      Mego asked me to PM them on Facebook and I did.
                      No reply.
                      I’m about to return some of the unopened ones.
                      I need to QC the one I did open. I’m suspicious they are not as good as they err in the 70’s.
                      I think I’ve read that we can’t swap the heads which is only an issue for me if I try to get them all into the Type S body that I haven’t seen yet.
                      Sigh.
                      Frustrating disappointment.

What did Spock say about the wanting being better than the having?
                      —-
                      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                      - Captain Spock
                      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I don't want different clothes. That always seemed dumb to me. I think once they hit wide release, they should ditch the numbering.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• KOMonger
                          Banned
                          • Feb 17, 2015

A wish, if they continue and include rereleases, is to have the sculptor of the Mirror, Mirror Sulu redo the "normal" Sulu. The current one looks so bland. And, of course, his shirt would be the improved, embossed (? I mean no sticker!) version.

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

I'm all for improvements. And that's up to and including the bodies. More articulation, and getting rid of the rubber bands would be sweet.
                            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 13, 2009

There's no way a run of 10,000 is close to selling out, even for the most popular figures. My guess is that there are Target warehouses sitting on cases and cases of these figures. Doing a second run is unnecessary IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎