Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does there need to be a second run of popular figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
    There's no way a run of 10,000 is close to selling out, even for the most popular figures. My guess is that there are Target warehouses sitting on cases and cases of these figures. Doing a second run is unnecessary IMO.
    Perhaps. I scored a Gorn at Target online a couple of days ago. Then, I get this: We’ve got a quick update on the item below. Its new estimated delivery date is November 28, 2018.

We apologize for the potential delay. Rest assured you haven’t been charged yet for this item. (We’ll send you another email when it ships!)

View your order details page for the latest updates. Thanks for shopping Target.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

It could be that some of the stores are just not getting the product on the shelves, and let's face it, Mego isn't Barbie or Spiderman. We're a small fish in a big pond.

Second possibility: I see pictures on the net of people buying six Draculas. I'm sure that these will resurface, once they find out it just isn't going to put your kids through college.
      So a second run, no, I wouldn't do it. Let's not go the way of BBP, with tons of product in a very short space of time, and then nothing.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

That is an excellent point. I am finding that I'm not really having a lot of trouble finding what I'm looking for with a bit of patience. I'm not finding a lot of Wave 1 anymore, but the only HTF one I can't get on the site is Dracula. But I DID find him when he was new.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Still mostly finding wave 1. Samantha and the Tanner girls are getting thick on the shelves. I did pick up a few Gorn on the last target run. No Frank..no Spock...no Kirk...No Lon...No Al now that he has been revealed as a secret Trek crewman.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by B-Lister
            That is an excellent point. I am finding that I'm not really having a lot of trouble finding what I'm looking for with a bit of patience. I'm not finding a lot of Wave 1 anymore, but the only HTF one I can't get on the site is Dracula. But I DID find him when he was new.
            I wish this were true for me. My Targets in Bradenton/Sarasota FL are not coming through for me at all for this round. I've had to bother Mego friends and family to get the few I've found. I did score Sulu & Uhura and Spock on the Target Website but, I still cannot get the one I want the most which is Kirk in the Green wrap. Fortunately, I have a custom green wrap that DaveMc made for me back in the day so, I can afford to be patient. I would be much more enjoyable if the figures were on the site and I could just order, receive and enjoy. The Trek and Monsters are the only ones I'm aiming for other than some for customs.

I'm thinking we all buy as many as possible of the popular figures and sell them at cost to each other. Plus shipping of course. Maybe even tack on a couple of bucks to donate to the board?
            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I have all of the Carded Trek figures. I don't have the twopacks yet. I still need doubles of Kirk and Spock.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

I agree with those saying a second run will not be needed. I think by the time it's all said and done, everyone will be able to find everything they want, and then some. The exclusivity has the scalpers throwing a wrench into an already messy situation (thanks to Target screwing up the release of every new wave), but eventually it will all make its way online, if not in stores.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  I agree with those saying a second run will not be needed. I think by the time it's all said and done, everyone will be able to find everything they want, and then some.

I really want you to be right about this...because I still have not seen a Spock or green shirt Kirk yet. I'm beginning to lose hope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎