Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does there need to be a second run of popular figures?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    Of course, I may have given up by then.
    I’ve given up.
    Mego asked me to PM them on Facebook and I did.
    No reply.
    I’m about to return some of the unopened ones.
    I need to QC the one I did open. I’m suspicious they are not as good as they err in the 70’s.
    I think I’ve read that we can’t swap the heads which is only an issue for me if I try to get them all into the Type S body that I haven’t seen yet.
    Sigh.
    Frustrating disappointment.

What did Spock say about the wanting being better than the having?
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

I don't want different clothes. That always seemed dumb to me. I think once they hit wide release, they should ditch the numbering.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    A wish, if they continue and include rereleases, is to have the sculptor of the Mirror, Mirror Sulu redo the "normal" Sulu. The current one looks so bland. And, of course, his shirt would be the improved, embossed (? I mean no sticker!) version.

I'm all for improvements. And that's up to and including the bodies. More articulation, and getting rid of the rubber bands would be sweet.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

There's no way a run of 10,000 is close to selling out, even for the most popular figures. My guess is that there are Target warehouses sitting on cases and cases of these figures. Doing a second run is unnecessary IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins View Post
    There's no way a run of 10,000 is close to selling out, even for the most popular figures. My guess is that there are Target warehouses sitting on cases and cases of these figures. Doing a second run is unnecessary IMO.
    Perhaps. I scored a Gorn at Target online a couple of days ago. Then, I get this: We’ve got a quick update on the item below. Its new estimated delivery date is November 28, 2018.

We apologize for the potential delay. Rest assured you haven’t been charged yet for this item. (We’ll send you another email when it ships!)

View your order details page for the latest updates. Thanks for shopping Target.

Images
    It could be that some of the stores are just not getting the product on the shelves, and let's face it, Mego isn't Barbie or Spiderman. We're a small fish in a big pond.

Second possibility: I see pictures on the net of people buying six Draculas. I'm sure that these will resurface, once they find out it just isn't going to put your kids through college.
    So a second run, no, I wouldn't do it. Let's not go the way of BBP, with tons of product in a very short space of time, and then nothing.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

That is an excellent point. I am finding that I'm not really having a lot of trouble finding what I'm looking for with a bit of patience. I'm not finding a lot of Wave 1 anymore, but the only HTF one I can't get on the site is Dracula. But I DID find him when he was new.

Still mostly finding wave 1. Samantha and the Tanner girls are getting thick on the shelves. I did pick up a few Gorn on the last target run. No Frank..no Spock...no Kirk...No Lon...No Al now that he has been revealed as a secret Trek crewman.