Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Action

Plaid Stallions Mr. Action

I had so many Mr. Action outfits for my GI Joes and I had no idea. I assume that I got most of those sets before I could read.

We have a PodCast! It's fun, please listen.

Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Awesome ad! Including the figure with these Action Sets and/or vehicles is interesting to see. This is the first time I've seen LJN bundle Mr Action with one of their fashion dolls, too.

I own a lot of these packaged individually, but I do have a Para-Copter Set with Mr. Action. The copter is actually one of those cardboard fold-up sets like the hide-out shown in the picture.

Six points of articulation is "life-like". How would they describe their "double-action" figures to come later, "Beyond reality"?

I like the amphicat and the helicopter. The mobile training tower seems underwhelming from a training standpoint. I don't think that structure could be driven safely at more than 3 miles an hour or on anything more rugged than a concrete parking lot. And it's value as a training tool seems limited to just falling. Not high enough to open a chute and not low enough to escape unscathed.

Images
    LJN's training tower is hilarious in the KO kind of way to answer GI Joe's own AT Training Tower.
    I've resisted adding it to my collection based solely on it's size.

I think the inclusion of the fashion doll explains why he's called Mr. Action. First name Gettinsome.

Images
    WTH is that? He's looks like an ex-pro wrestler turned bounty hunter.

That is most beat-*** face I've seen since the Starsky & Hutch goon.

What was the pitch? Danger junkie with a death wish?

Blog Entries
    Mr Action was taken from a Hong Kong company called BARTER and it had different names around the world.

He's a cheap GI Joe knock off and definitely caused Hasbro to create The Defender line.

In Canada, Grand Toys distributed the brand and as in the US, marketed it as sort of Big Jim/GI Joe thing. It's interesting to see Consumers Distributing package him with A Petite (LJN's Barbie) clone here.

In Mexico, some Mr. Action vehicles ended up in Lili Ledy's GI joe line (!)

Lol, yep he looks that weird uncle you only see on the holidays. Cool line though, great accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    WTH is that? He's looks like an ex-pro wrestler turned bounty hunter.

That is most beat-*** face I've seen since the Starsky & Hutch goon.

What was the pitch? Danger junkie with a death wish?

That ad is a real blast from the past for me. I remember my mom taking to Consumers to pick up the clothing set "E" for two bucks but it was out of stock, so they offered me set "F" instead for the same price, so I grabbed it (that way I got an extra Mr. Action figure to go with the non-bearded version I already had, in addition to the crapload of accessories). This is the exact catalogue page that I was ordering this stuff from.

Was this from the catalogue you picked up at the show on Saturday? I should have taken a look through it.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Nov 7, '18 at 6:13 PM.

Images
    I like the vehicles/playsets--they look like they'd work well with Megos.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 7, '18 at 7:05 PM.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.