Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: People are Insane...

Images
    ^Do you mean that in regards to packaging?
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Marion it is possible to make boxes on the same brown paper. I am not talking home made counterfeits.

Marion... That is a good way to spot lazy counterfeits yes. I'm talking about people who are going to spend 10 thousand dollars to earn 50 thousand. Imagine a case find of Wonder Woman figures from a warehouse in Australia. Or another Canadian warehouse find of carded Batman figures. Goblin... Iron Man... I don't know if anyone has tried fakery on this level before but I have to think it's going to happen eventually.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    Marion... That is a good way to spot lazy counterfeits yes. I'm talking about people who are going to spend 10 thousand dollars to earn 50 thousand. Imagine a case find of Wonder Woman figures from a warehouse in Australia. Or another Canadian warehouse find of carded Batman figures. Goblin... Iron Man... I don't know if anyone has tried fakery on this level before but I have to think it's going to happen eventually.
    If someone is crafty enough to fool a longtime mego collector he should be using that talent of forging highend-wines, paintings or other more profit antiques.

Anyways be careful and use your eye and gut instinct over the word of a seller. Things like a carded Goblin or WW were short packed to begin with no way would a find of a dozen would ever surface. I also believe the 1980 Tomland universal monsters are just as rare. You would have to have walked into the right store on one find day to have ever found one back then.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Nov 10, '18 at 5:41 PM.