Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Mirror Mirror (wave 1) Anamoly?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWCWorld
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 10, 2011

Star Trek Mirror Mirror (wave 1) Anamoly?

I visited one of my local Target stores this past weekend; it has two separate Mego displays: an endcap with wave 1 figures and an inner aisle small display of wave 2 figures. On the endcap, it was the usual suspects: two I Dream of Jeannie sets, four Star Trek Mirror Mirror sets, Fonzie, all the female wave 1 figures, and all the 14" wave 1 figures.

Now my question: all the Star Trek Mirror Mirror sets had the typical Marty Abrams Mego serial number stickers except one. The one exception had, instead of a normal serial number XXXX/10000, had the word EXCLUSIVE.

Is this an anamoly, misprint, or some type of rarity? I have not seen this before....
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I want it! Did you buy it?

Comment

• SWCWorld
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 10, 2011

No I did not buy it yet, but was toying with it... Just wondered if it was a rarity or something else; i.e. have others in the 2-box sets (Jeannie, Wizard of Oz) also displayed an EXCLUSIVE sticker? If so, do any of the 8" or 14" figures have them?

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 14, 2012

The "exclusive" ones are promotional ones direct from Mego, I think. The ones they sold at their booth at Comic-Con were marked "exclusive," and I think promotional copies they send out for review are marked exclusive. I don't think they are super-rare, but it's weird that one would be for sale marked like that at a Target. Probably worth picking up, just to have something kind of unique.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Comic-con ones are marked "endorsed", not "exclusive". I haven't seen anything with the "exclusive" sticker.

Comment

• SWCWorld
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 10, 2011

Okay, thank you. This helps. Lonnie - I have responded to your PM.

Comment

• SWCWorld
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 10, 2011

My mistake guys. I went back to Target to check it out again, and it reads "ENDORSED", not "EXCLUSIVE." Wonder how it would have gotten in the retail mix and also how it made it as far as here in Texas? Thanks for all the help in identifying it.

Lonnie, I have sent you a PM again.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

You totally just need to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎