Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pickermall
    • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by SeattleEd
    Kroger is nationwide and one of the biggest chains in America. They own a lot of brands. I've seen the new TRU offering in local Fred Meyers which is owned by Kroger. Currently only offer TRU owned generic brands so might be a while until Mego jumps on that distribution line.
    Yeah, Kroger owns Fred Meyer, for example, in the Mountain West states...

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

^ Well, whatever. I know that in the St. Louis area we had Kroger when I was a kid but most shut their doors and are long gone. The chain is based out of Cincinnati, if I remember correctly. If they own other chains throughout the nation that aren't under the Kroger name, I personally don't know what they are. And they definitely aren't in Canada, so that still leaves international distribution up in the air.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

No Kroger’s in the 5 boroughs of NYC or on Long Island, but they’re in close by parts of New Jersey. I’m just not sure how many locals would travel there for Mego’s. Also, I’ve never seen Kroger’s in the part of Indiana that I’m from. Maybe that will change.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
          No Kroger’s in the 5 boroughs of NYC or on Long Island, but they’re in close by parts of New Jersey. I’m just not sure how many locals would travel there for Mego’s. Also, I’ve never seen Kroger’s in the part of Indiana that I’m from. Maybe that will change.

- Ian
          I wouldn't want any one chain to be exclusive though, I'd like to see them available at any and all of those listed. If you don't have a Kroger near you, go to Target. No Target, go to Kohls. No Kohls, go to Wal*Mart, etc. A truly mass market product is available at more than one chain.

-M
          Last edited by MRP; Nov 6, '18, 5:28 PM.
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by MRP
            I wouldn't want any one chain to be exclusive tough, I'd like to see them available at any and all of those listed. If you don't have a Kroger near you, go to Target. No Target, go to Kohls. No Kohls, go to Wal*Mart, etc. A truly mass market product is available at more than one chain.

-M
            That’s the best bet for Mego, long term!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

Affordability really is the key. Target has to keep dropping the price, from $14.99 then to $12.99 and now down to the current $11.99. I don't think the line *overall* is sustainable at collector prices, but even $14.99 has been a great deal, moreso at $11.99.

I've had a few scattered 8" over the years (BBP's, FTC Batman 66, Necas, EMCE's, really got into this scale with DST's monsters a few years back and saw the light on how wonderful it is). This latest Mego Rebirth has me diving deep into the 8" scale pool. So many of these releases I would never have touched at collector prices. But the customization potential, coupled with the fact that I'm a warped individual with a deep love of the old Toyfare Twisted Mego Theatre has me snatching up multiples of figures just for outfits and/or accessories.

I'd love to see Mego expand to Amazon and different retailers, BUT I'll be VERY price-conscious. I'll still pick up my wants (Star Trek, Monsters, genre stuff) but sitcom-based stuff will be roughly 90% pass if the price goes up.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎