Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Obviously, Marvel would be huge. Personally I'm waiting for smaller DC stuff. Perhaps you all could do two packs on the super heroes, one of the originals and one of the modern Superman, Iron Man, Batman etc. I think you need to look at some licenses of programs kids watch today, Dr Who, Stranger Things, stuff like that in order to get the kids hooked. I'd love to see Wrath of Khan stuff. A two pack of TOS Klingons, Kor and Koloth, Kang and Mara.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

I'd be all in for a Land of the Lost Sleestak---not sure about the other characters. I'd like to see other Sid and Marty Krofft, too--Witchiepoo, Pufnstuf, HooDoo, the Lidsville midget hats.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I'm clearly the odd bird out, but I'll sorta quote myself from the previous surveys. Also given the mix of what's included in Wave 1-3, perhaps these are not so fringe anymore.

• Worlds Greatest Monsters Revival… celebrity/tv, classic, cryptozoology, fantasy. It's a line that could last for years… and aren't the new monsters proof of concept/demand?!?

• Good Times… definitely not for all, but they definitely should have been made back in the day.

• X-Files… still a guilty pleasure that keeps hope alive the 21st Century. Seems just as relevant as ever.

• Apes!… but it has to be special, new characters/designs and accessory packs… not repeating the previous efforts of EMCE & NECA. C'mon, 50th Anniversary something!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I miss screen printed suits and capes that I associate with the brand. I'd love to see anything that takes advantage of that. For me, it's not about licenses, it's about a toy that is fun to play with and looks great. I never watched an episode of Battle of the Planets in my life, but I think I'd buy the Megos.

Comment

• Count_Popula
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 28, 2018

Mego should DEFINITELY attempt a Marvel workaround by working with Universal (which still hold some of the rights, I believe) to do Incredible Hulk TV Series figures! Fans really want this and it fits Mego perfectly. The Hulk, David Banner, Jack McGee, then other '70s TV heroes like Spiderman & Captain America. It wouldn't infringe at all on what Hasbro is doing with modern Marvel characters.

If Mego couldn't work it out with Universal to do the monsters, this may not work either. Someone should try, though.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

None of the 5 on the video grabbing me. Land of the lost maybe a little. For me, till marvel is on the table, monsters. Mego has already proven they are money makers. So for me, cryptozoology creatures. There have been at least a dozen series in as many years on TV. That shows the level of interest. Next, Dark shadows. Two different series, 3 full length movies, complete DVD release and vintage comic books. Huge cult following. The night stalker. Again, 2 made for TV movies, a complete series and comic books. Plenty of easy to make monsters here, again a huge cult following. The X-files. This show ran for 11 seasons, at least 2 feature length movies, comic books and at least one toy line. Finally, real life Western figures. Not movie characters, the real versions. Wyatt, Doc, Buffalo Bill, Billy the kid, ect. No license required and, a horse you sell separately. That's my 5. The cool thing is, not only are they all money makers, 2 of the lines wouldn't even need a license to make!
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Why not revisit what was on the table before

MEGO GREASE.jpg

Since Mego attempted to put these out I would still like to see Grease come out. They would fit in prefect with the Happy Days lineup.

The next collection I would strongly want would be Archies or Archie Super Teens:
                1921086-archie_and_friends_double_digest_7.jpgArchie's Pal Kevin Keller #11.jpg

with Riverdale pulling in great ratings this would be a gold ticket. I still see people post on twitter about buying Archie Digest, these are reprints and people are just now discovering them thanks to Riverdale.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• kisscash
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 7, 2006

Hogan's Heroes

$
                  sigpic

Comment

• newlyknighted
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 21, 2010

I agree with Hedji. Screen printed suits are the ultimate. They are classic Mego. To echo what others have stated, I would love ElectraWoman and DynaGirl, Greatest American Hero, Tron, Princess Bride, X-Files, original Lost in Space, more monsters, and V aliens.
                    Chris, we do need Monster Squad movie figures ASAP.
                    I want new headsculpts for Trek WOK maroon era uniform figures. I really want Saavik, Khan, Next Gen crew, Ferengis, DS9 crew, Voyager crew figures, and a ST:TNG Mego playset. Can we get new Klingons and a Klingon playset? I'll take new Borgs, and a recently converted crewman as well. TOS Chapel, Vina, Pike, Number one, Kevin Riley, Telarite, Trelane, Harry Mudd, Desalle, Spock's parents, Talosian, Mugato, sweaty Captain Tracey, Edith Keeler, female Romulan commander, Klingons, Ruk, Andrea, Dr. Corby, Ellan of Troyius, Zarabeth, Miramanee, and Kirok!
                    Would it be too much to ask for Terminator, Predator, Big Trouble In Little China, Spinal Tap, Alien Nostromo crew, and Aliens marines?
                    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• DaBillmann
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 16, 2011

Soooo, my wish list is mostly more recent shows, but, I still consider them classics.

1) Buffy The Vampire Slayer with Angel, Darla, Spike and Drusilla all having Vampire and Human Face variants. Other vampire's can come in just Vampire Faces.
                      2) Teen Wolf, with the werewolves coming in human and wolfed out variants
                      3)Glee, though i would want Santana, Brittany and Quinn to come in regular clothes as well as their cheerleader outfits.
                      4)Lost In Space. This was a BIG wish from my childhood.
                      5)Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin' Variety. Both Ranger suits and civvies.

Honorable Mention: Nickelodeon series VicTorious. Don't care if that makes me a nerd.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Even though I'm not a huge fan, I think Buffy would do well.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

I like your picks. Battle of the Planets would not only look great, but would save money for every collector who has Popy dreams, but a Retro Action budget!
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• tony609
                            • Oct 19, 2018

I’d love
                            1-grease (Danny, sandy and Rizzo)
                            2-Buffy the vampire slayer (Buffy, Spike and Willow)
                            3-Love boat (Captain,Julie,issac)
                            4-Christmas vacation (Clark,Eddie)
                            5-Jurassic Park (dr. Grant, Ellie and Malcolm)
                            6-the golden Girls (all 4)

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

I do love the Gatchaman idea, I also kind of like the Thundarr suggestion. I couldn't care less about the others, though.

My thoughts (shared by some, plus some new ideas):

Buffy
                              Angel

The Avengers (Steed and Emma Peel)
                              Doctor Who (some new series characters and monsters to start, later start classic series)

Some of my Sci-fi/SyFy faves:

Stargate: SG-1
                              Stargate: Atlantis
                              Sanctuary (loved this show, cool characters and neat creatures)
                              Farscape (lots of interesting characters and aliens)

Maybe Eureka?
                              Last edited by danadoll; Dec 9, '18, 8:39 AM.
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Lone Ranger, Tonto and company....with horses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎