Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Top Five License we want Mego to do next

Images
    Did anyone mention Speed Racer? As for the 5 choices in the video, I think all of them are great and would appreciate (and BUY) if Mego would put them on shelves. But I fear that any property that has obtained a CULT status would make obtaining that licence all the more difficult.
    I find it very likely that since "Mego" action figures, being a POP Culture icon in their own right; could only deepen the Cult status of any property they associate with.
    Most vintage movies and TV shows can be found and streamed online now-a-days. People just need the inspiration to do so and having action figures of these properties on the shelves may do this. We all know how toys have cemented characters in the public mind as Star Wars did. So I'm thinking we get a "Thundarr or BOTP" action figure and before you know it HollyWeird is pushing that much harder to make the Thundarr Movie or Battle of the Planets for the Big screen.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgaff1132 View Post
    I find it very likely that since "Mego" action figures, being a POP Culture icon in their own right; could only deepen the Cult status of any property they associate with. Most vintage movies and TV shows can be found and streamed online now-a-days. People just need the inspiration to do so and having action figures of these properties on the shelves may do this.
    So, this struck me with your all-caps use of POP -- what is it that's made Funko Pop vinyl figures so ubiquitous? and could Mego find a way to strike a similar chord with its licenses? I see the Pop's all over the clients' offices -- Doctor Who, Walking Dead, MCU Avengers -- could Mego do the same? Could Mego figures from properties from Mystery Science Theatre 3000 to Unbreakable be the next fun office thing?

Alien and Predator, it will sell like hot cakes.

And this late 70s-80s Monster set...

Michael Myers
    Jason
    Freddy Kruger
    Leatherface
    Pinhead
    Tall Man

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    So, this struck me with your all-caps use of POP -- what is it that's made Funko Pop vinyl figures so ubiquitous? and could Mego find a way to strike a similar chord with its licenses? I see the Pop's all over the clients' offices -- Doctor Who, Walking Dead, MCU Avengers -- could Mego do the same? Could Mego figures from properties from Mystery Science Theatre 3000 to Unbreakable be the next fun office thing?
    The true secret to Pop's success is they don't need actor likeness, just the logo basically. Mego has to get likenesses as 2018 has proven.

Enough with the lame sitcom's of 1980's and shows in the like I want:

POTA
    Airwolf
    V
    Battlestar Galactica (Old)
    Image Comics (Like Spawn etc.)
    NFL Teammates
    Night Court
    Miami Vice
    Highlander (TV & Movies)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    Enough with the lame sitcom's of 1980's and shows in the like I want:

POTA
    Airwolf
    V
    Battlestar Galactica (Old)
    Image Comics (Like Spawn etc.)
    NFL Teammates
    Night Court
    Miami Vice
    Highlander (TV & Movies)
    The question is does anyone else want those. And is Night Court not a lame 80s sitcom? A Harry Anderson figure is probably not on too many people's wishlists. Some may work like Miami Vice as a two pack simple and done I one set. POTA has been tried twice lately in the scale and didn't go anywhere. An NFL or MLB line may do ok since there is no starting lineup around anymore. Image, not sure if they still have the pull they did in the 90s. Highlander might do well if they can get all the likenesses lined up. If say Connery is not willing to sign off on it, the line would seem incomplete like the Brady Bunch and 1999 did from FTC. V would be another easy one to get done with just a few figures. Airwolf would be like Knightrider kind of sucky without the vehicle.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't mind a Richard Moll figure tho. He'd make a great goon for Egghead.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    The true secret to Pop's success is they don't need actor likeness, just the logo basically. Mego has to get likenesses as 2018 has proven.
    Ding ding! That's the portion of the formula I was missing . . . good observation.

the office
    parks and rec
    community
    freaks and geeks
    my so called life
    supernatural
    firefly
    Ninja warrior
    true blood
    family guy
    reno 911
    friday night lights