- Judge Dredd

or maybe tap into some Heavy Metal properties like:

- Den
    - Taarna
    - Captain Stern

or some Harryhausen properties like:

- Sinbad
    - Clash of the Titans
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

Clash of the Titans and Sinbad would be awesome to see! I wonder how they would go about doing a Medusa figure? I would also be all for “Percy Jackson”, “Xena” and “Hercules” Megos!

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

Judging by the peg warmers, I'd say it'd probably be wise for Mego to avoid the 60's 70's and even early 80's nostalgia. But what about 1990's? I think that would hit the sweet spot with the right licenses. Things with large fan followings:

-Twin Peaks
        -Friends
        -Seinfeld
        -X-Files
        -Buffy

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rodkeith
          Judging by the peg warmers, I'd say it'd probably be wise for Mego to avoid the 60's 70's and even early 80's nostalgia. But what about 1990's? I think that would hit the sweet spot with the right licenses. Things with large fan followings:
          Charmed is 90s and isn't exactly flying off the pegs. In my opinion, the problem isn't the decade but license choices. They need to be more toyetic and action oriented and less sitcom and celeb.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• favoritemonsters
            • Aug 4, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Neca Apes have proven to be duds.
            Probably not because of lack of interest...but when they want $75 for a three pack of Apes...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Charmed is 90s and isn't exactly flying off the pegs. In my opinion, the problem isn't the decade but license choices. They need to be more toyetic and action oriented and less sitcom and celeb.
              ^Exactly this!

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

James Bond would be cool, plenty of movies and characters to cover for a long run.

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

I was thinking this too. I can find all of the sitcom figures I want from waves 1 and 2, but the monsters are selling like crazy. As for the celebrities, I don't see many Hendrix or KISS figures (I still haven't found a Gene Simmons), so those do seem to be selling...at least in my area.
                  Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• rodkeith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 16, 2008

Sure, but the ones I mentioned are far more culturally relevant. I don’t believe ANYBODY was asking for Charmed figures. (The fact that the likenesses aren’t there doesn’t help either.) Part of Mego’s original charm was being able to mix in real people and imaginary characters in the same format, and I don’t see them stopping that. It’s all about the ones they choose to pursue. If Mego continues with Good Times, Petticoat Junction and Growing Pains or similar level figures for their next round, of course they’ll rot on the pegs.

Besides, there’s probably not too many things in the 60’s-80’s that’s going to pull in anything beyond the most ardent collectors who will buy Mego regardless. The nostalgia cycle is now in the 90’s so they would likely do much better to get Mulder and Scully and Kramer and Ross and Rachel and the like where there is still some mainstream interest.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll also take more monsters.
                    Last edited by rodkeith; Dec 14, '18, 8:35 AM.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

I'd love to see the following...
                      Trek Movie series
                      Elvira Mistress of the Dark
                      Wonder Woman "Lynda Carter"
                      Munster's
                      Lost in Space
                      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

1) Marvel Superheroes
                        2) Zorro
                        3) Force G
                        4) Land of the Giants
                        5) popeye

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

BTW, as far as I can tell, in my area Charlie's Angels are not selling (Kelly, Kris and Sabrina all in abundance, seem to rotting on the pegs). I bought two Kellys for customs.

One Target I've been to has at least 5 ST Mirror Universe 2 Two Packs (Uhura and Sulu) that nobody seems to want (even though the Star Trek stuff usually sells really well). I've seen the single carded Star Trek figures and the other 2 pack, yet they Sold pretty quick.

Samantha also doesnt really appear to inspire, as there are about 6 or 7 on the peg (at the same Target as the Treks 2 packs)...I bought one of those as well.

I admit Charmed Piper was and is hanging out like unwanted relatives, but the only other Charmed figure I have ever seen in a Target store is a Phoebe in a NH store (I haven't seen any Phoebes or Prues in Maine yet).

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Dec 31, '18, 2:19 AM.
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rodkeith
                            The nostalgia cycle is now in the 90’s so they would likely do much better to get Mulder and Scully and Kramer and Ross and Rachel and the like where there is still some mainstream interest.
                            The enduring popularity of 80s cartoons say otherwise. No way Ross or Rachel or Kramer would out sell He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Lion-O or Cheetara.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

Going off the board on ones that would sell, here's a line I would buy:

51GPM1GTTWL._SY445_.jpg

I'd be totally in for Dr. Armstrong, Animala, Kro-Bar, Lattice, the Mutant, and of course, the Lost Skeleton!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

I want to see a Back To the Future Two-Pack. Target already had some stuff for them for the holiday season,I'm sure they'd go along with it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎