Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4K Format

Images
    ^ I don’t doubt or disagree with anything you’ve said. However, the thing is if you’re in the market for a new, “main” TV what you find are mostly 4K models. I wasn’t even thinking 4K until I had to purchase a new TV this summer. What I can say is that my 4K TV’s picture is just as nice as I expected it would be, maybe even a bit better. Saying that, I did spend more on this TV than I had ever intended (it’s considered Samsung’s top of the line, this year). That may be the reason my 4K experience has been a good one. After I purchased the first TV this summer, we replaced our bedroom TV with another, but less expensive, Samsung 4K TV, as my wife really wanted a smart TV to watch. While it’s a very nice TV, it’s picture is far from the picture of the first 4K TV I bought this summer.

- Ian

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Oh definitely... If you're looking to buy a new TV, there's really no other choice. I'd just recommend anyone looking do your homework and don't just jump on any Black Friday deal.

But if you have the means and the space, there's nothing like a projector!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    My humble, biased opinion? I think it's a very minor upgrade, if at all. And I resent the manufacturers' desire to kill 3D in favor of marketing the newest, best thing.
    Agree with both of these. I made sure that the last big TV I bought for our family room had 3D capability because I noticed that 3D was getting phased out and I do have a dozen or so 3D Blu-rays. . Turns out the TV I got doesn't do a good job with the 3D (normal video looks great on it though) so I'm bummed about that.

I recently replaced my office TV with a 4K model (not on purpose, I just ended up getting a hell of a deal on one). As I'm seriously phasing out my buying of media (other than vinyl albums) I'm sure not planning on upgrading my discs with 4K ones (I'm done with that after going from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray) but I'll pick up a 4K capable Roku for it on Black Friday.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Oh definitely... If you're looking to buy a new TV, there's really no other choice. I'd just recommend anyone looking do your homework and don't just jump on any Black Friday deal.

But if you have the means and the space, there's nothing like a projector!
    Yeah, I tried to do my homework before I purchased both 4K TV’s. I think I did a good job with both, especially with the main purchase. I’m very happy with it. It so happens that my wife loves the new 4K TV that’s in the bedroom. However, she probably streams Netflix on it more than anything else. However, from what I have seen, broadcast TV looks real good on it, just not as good on it as it looks on the living room 4K.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?