Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

^ agree on all counts. Definitely Oscar worthy.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Saw it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Mile Myers' cameo being a subtle nod to "Wayne's World" was a hoot.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

just heard on the radio that Brian May has said there is a sequel in the works. it will take place between Live Aid and Freddie's untimely death in 1991. could be good if they do it as well as Bohemian Rhapsody....but also could just be a cash grab. I would go see it though

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Seen it three time already. Love it!

As many pointed out, not chronologically accurate, but it’s not a documentary...so it has to flow for dramatic effects.

I have no complaints.

Malek nailed the role of Freddie. All the actors were perfectly cast too, especially Brian May, the actor looked like his real life clone. The Roger Taylor Actor was the same pretty boy...and nice to see the kid from Jurassic Park play John Deacon, same deadly serious scowl, lol.

Nice to hear Marc Martel’s voice in there as well.

I just saw Netflix The Dirt, a movie about Motley Crew. No way as good as Bohemian Rhapsody, but still a fun watch if you feel interested in another rock drama flick.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              just heard on the radio that Brian May has said there is a sequel in the works. it will take place between Live Aid and Freddie's untimely death in 1991. could be good if they do it as well as Bohemian Rhapsody....but also could just be a cash grab. I would go see it though
              That Will Rock You!

sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

“The Dirt” has been showing on my Netflix page but haven’t watched it yet.

Bohemian Rhapsody was great. I bought it on Apple and there is a featureless where they clearly point out chronological errors in the movie and that it was changed for dramatic purposes. They acknowledged it and for me it was a true authentic movie. I love Queen and learned a lot of new true facts that I did not know.

I also loved Rami’s speech at the Oscars. Not sure how else to have given it proper justice to a big scale audience
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I enjoyed The Dirt immensely. I read the book when it came out and loved that as well.

There’s a fair amount of anachronisms (is that the way to say that?) but I love Motley Crue and liked when they would break the fourth wall to point out that things didn’t really go this way.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    I enjoyed The Dirt immensely. I read the book when it came out and loved that as well.

There’s a fair amount of anachronisms (is that the way to say that?) but I love Motley Crue and liked when they would break the fourth wall to point out that things didn’t really go this way.
                    I loved the book, but thought the film was average at best. You're right about the anachronisms, I noticed a few myself, and some of the timelines seemed a bit off. I really liked the beginning of the film when they were first getting together, but I guess that makes sense, I love the first two Crue albums but I kind of lost interest after that (although I did see them on their Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood tours back in the day).

Haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet, but I've never been much of a Queen fan, I'll check it out eventually.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      I loved the book, but thought the film was average at best. You're right about the anachronisms, I noticed a few myself, and some of the timelines seemed a bit off. I really liked the beginning of the film when they were first getting together, but I guess that makes sense, I love the first two Crue albums but I kind of lost interest after that (although I did see them on their Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood tours back in the day).

Haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet, but I've never been much of a Queen fan, I'll check it out eventually.
                      Haha! Well, I didn’t say it was good, I said I enjoyed it! It certainly won’t stand up next to Gone With The Wind or Wizard of Oz, but I found a lot to like.

Meanwhile, I don’t care about Queen so no matter how good, bad, or otherwise that film is, it’s not for me.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Heh, fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I still found it entertaining myself, I just couldn't help but feel how a longer running time might have helped, the last half seemed a bit rushed. Maybe a mini series might have given the story the space that it deserved. At least they included the scene with Ozzy at the pool.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

If you are not into Queen. Why the heck are you two posting here for?

I should’ve never mention The Dirt, it’s all my fault...

sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                            If you are not into Queen. Why the heck are you two posting here for?

I should’ve never mention The Dirt, it’s all my fault...
                            I hate to tell you, but yeah, it’s because you brought up The Crue!!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
                              Heh, fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I still found it entertaining myself, I just couldn't help but feel how a longer running time might have helped, the last half seemed a bit rushed. Maybe a mini series might have given the story the space that it deserved. At least they included the scene with Ozzy at the pool.
                              I thought that too, maybe a 4 hour thing, but if they had, that second half would have been a DOWNER!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i just finished the dirt. I thought it was really well done. not as good as Bohemian Rhapsody, but then I am a much bigger Queen fan than Crue. still I liked it. the scenes with Vince's daughter were just heart breaking

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎