X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I got Samantha!

First off, she is a great little figure. She has a nice hefty feel to her, unlike an original, which was kind of lightweight.

Her hair is a nice bright shade of blonde, the dress is very well made, and even the cape is cute.

However, she does have at least two problems.

One: The shoes are badly made. They feel weak and flimsy and don't stay on her feet! I'm switching them out for a pair of Barbie heels. Those do fit Mego girls.

Two: The hat does not fit either. I tried placing it on her head, and it kept popping off. There is simply too much hair for it to go onto the head. It should have been made wider to accommodate all that hair.

Those are the ONLY problems that I see in this figure. Her face paint isn't smudged or gloppy; her eyes face off to the side a la Dinah Mite, but that's a wee quibble. She looks as if she's rolling her eyes at her relatives antics, which is something that I can very easily see Samantha doing on the show.

All in all, I am very glad to have her. She will make an excellent addition to my very few NewMego collection.
    JediJaida
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

Samantha is a personal favorite of mine.i loved bewitched.have the series on DVD.and bought some Sam's.some have a bit of a widows peak some do not.she looks more like Samantha in the show with it .and the worker bees pushed some heads on all the gals and makes them look neckless.so I looked for those little things when picking her up.may not mean anything to anyone but since I like this figure I found the right ones.thw wicked witchs hat is to small to fit her right.they should have used the elastic tie like the original wicked witch of the west had for both the new one and sam.also like the starchild the black dye tends to get on the face and legs of the figure.but what a winner love it.looking for the boxed set of endora and serina . hopefully they'll do Darren someday.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

I have avoided the hunch look on the girls do to heads to far pushed down.loose you can just pull them up a bit and their fine

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I like this figure too, and I'm glad you're happy with it. I too have trouble getting the hat to stay on. I wonder if a craft store might sell small felt witch hats that would work better?

I have a second one and a far off dream of turning it into a Mego scale Ideal Super Queen Batgirl. But I'm not sure what to use for the cowl. I tried a FTC removable batman cowl and it's close, but doesn't fall low enough in the back.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I like Samantha...I plan to buy one.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

One of my favorites from the new Mego! Personally I really love the side glancing eyes.

I bought 2, thinking one would ultimately become Black Canary. Now I think I might need 3 so I can redress one as mod Samantha. One of these days. I haven't even opened one yet!

Comment

• The Nawd
              Nawd your head for yes.
              • Feb 15, 2011

The shoes on my Samantha are sturdy, stay put just fine and need a little bit of gentle force to come off. But I have the same problem with the hat just popping off.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                Youngest Mego Fan
                • Aug 30, 2019

I NEED this!
                FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎