• Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Penny Dreadfull Sequel series

just heard there is a new series being developed, set in LA in the 1930s

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/426...-sequel-series

on the one hand I am excited to see what they do, because the original was so good, on the other it ****es me off even more they so abruptly cancelled it.

thoughts?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I was terribly disappointed in season 3, but I'm open to enjoying a sequel. Moving it forward in time gives it a League of Extraordinary Gentleman vibe, I'll bet Alan Moore is thrilled.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yes, season 3 was rushed because it was being cancelled. I was disappointed in it as well.

alan moore is never happy

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Lol You're right on both counts. I was so engrossed in season 2, and I though the production values and story threads were excellent. Season 3 was not only rushed but shoddy. I really felt angry about it because I had liked the prior season so much. And the creators were disingenuous" "Oh, we always planned it this way." BS.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, I had the exact same feelings about season 2 and same reaction to season 3. hopefully they make up for it in the new series, but it won't be the same without the Victorian era monsters/characters

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I have a completely open mind about a reboot and it sounds interesting. But yes, I don't expect them to catch lighting in a bottle twice. I wo=nder is pulling some characters like Dorian, even for a cameo, is out if the question?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i was thinking the same thing. or even Frankensteins monster could still be out there

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Fingers crossed - I'd rather them give it a shot and risk failure than end it the way they did.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Series 3 was working up to some great characters (Hyde, Im-Ho-Tep), so yes, the ending left me down and depressed.
                  Is there any truth to the rumor that Eva Greene wanted out?

I still feel the show had plenty more to offer, even with a changed cast.
                  So let's wait and see...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎