Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Penny Dreadfull Sequel series

Images

Penny Dreadfull Sequel series

just heard there is a new series being developed, set in LA in the 1930s

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/426...-sequel-series

on the one hand I am excited to see what they do, because the original was so good, on the other it ****es me off even more they so abruptly cancelled it.

thoughts?

Images
    I was terribly disappointed in season 3, but I'm open to enjoying a sequel. Moving it forward in time gives it a League of Extraordinary Gentleman vibe, I'll bet Alan Moore is thrilled.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    yes, season 3 was rushed because it was being cancelled. I was disappointed in it as well.

alan moore is never happy

Images
    Lol You're right on both counts. I was so engrossed in season 2, and I though the production values and story threads were excellent. Season 3 was not only rushed but shoddy. I really felt angry about it because I had liked the prior season so much. And the creators were disingenuous" "Oh, we always planned it this way." BS.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    yeah, I had the exact same feelings about season 2 and same reaction to season 3. hopefully they make up for it in the new series, but it won't be the same without the Victorian era monsters/characters

Images
    I have a completely open mind about a reboot and it sounds interesting. But yes, I don't expect them to catch lighting in a bottle twice. I wo=nder is pulling some characters like Dorian, even for a cameo, is out if the question?

Images
    i was thinking the same thing. or even Frankensteins monster could still be out there

Images
    Blog Entries
    Fingers crossed - I'd rather them give it a shot and risk failure than end it the way they did.

Images
    Series 3 was working up to some great characters (Hyde, Im-Ho-Tep), so yes, the ending left me down and depressed.
    Is there any truth to the rumor that Eva Greene wanted out?

I still feel the show had plenty more to offer, even with a changed cast.
    So let's wait and see...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."