Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Awesome Things on Ebay this week

Plaid Stallions Five Awesome Things on Ebay this week

Dragomovil- In Mexico, Dr. Steel is Big Jim's enemy and he's called "Doctor Drago" and it's all more awesome there for some reason, it just is. I had one of these, sealed with the plastic and everything. I sold it when my first kid was born, I'm sure I had a good reason. I don't regret selling it but wow, it's still neat.

Fisher Price Adventure People- I guess because all of mine survived my childhood and two sets of grandkids (they're seriously that tough) I've never actually collected the line. I do admire it when I see it in the wild though. It just dawned on me that these were the first female action figures I ever played with, it was no big deal, zero stigma about playing with a "doll" from others, just another character. Thanks Fisher Price for broadening my horizons like that...

Mattel Space:1999 Flying Eagle- This combination of Mattel Vertibird with Space:1999 has been haunting me for months. it's really rare and all kinds of awesome but I'll never pull the trigger and i know it.

Spider-Man meets the Fly race car set- I know Spider-Man has nothing to do with car racing and I'm totally not sure if he should be worried about an enemy called "the Fly" but I want this.

Phantom of the Paradise Ring- I don't wear jewelry as a rule but dammit, I should. Seriously i am thinking about telling my mum i want this for Christmas.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Some interesting picks for sure especially The Spiderman race set.

One item missing is this Bat-bendy, any idea when it was made?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NOS...-/283235105568

i look forward to this post every week. thanks

You know, I never knew that my friends had names back then...

I feel so rude now. Sorry, Susan. Sorry, Mike.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by toothaction View Post

I had this a raft set and a safari set of these. I loved them and played with them for hours and years making up my own stories. I may have even mixed them with my Star Wars figures.

Images
    I great eBay items this week!

That Doctor Drago is cool! First time seeing it.

Of course, I love that Adventure People set on two levels. I was most fascinated with all medical, rescue and fire related figures she i was a kid (still am). On top of that, my love for Adventure People, in general, is well known here. So that set is a win-win. By the way, I didn’t know there name all of those years ago either.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

You know you want to buy that ring, get it!

That Dragomovil is fantastic!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toothaction View Post

I didn't know either, I'd been calling him Steve.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjefferys View Post
    You know you want to buy that ring, get it!
    I don't know if I can pull it off, i'm serious. Won't i need a smoking jacket? Cause I'll buy a smoking jacket.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I don't know if I can pull it off, i'm serious. Won't i need a smoking jacket? Cause I'll buy a smoking jacket.
    I don't even smoke and I have one, go for it. Grab an ascot while you're at it, they're so comfy.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.