X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Marvel 66 Cartoon Themes

This is amazingly interesting, but bat**** crazy at the same time. I want this guy to be Kramer to Palitoy's Seinfeld.

Last edited by hedrap; Nov 1, '18, 10:01 PM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like the Iron Man and Captain America themes.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

Share of the week!
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for posting this because it had never occurred to me to even be curious about who was responsible for writing those themes and now that I know the person is quite a character in his own right, I can enjoy them all the more.

A little way through, I started thinking about this scene from "Two and a Half Men".

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

I've done a lot of research on MSH '66. It's funny to hear Urbont talk about Stan Lee, because IIRC Lee is on record saying he can't stand the theme songs and isn't an overall fan of the shows themselves, but it always read like a retroactive take. Urbont sorta proves that.

It's fascinating, as I've never heard the lyrics so clearly. The idea of the Hulk as a "monster-clown" is right from Hulk 3 and Avengers 1...but the point wasn't to infer he was clownish! It's more "what if Frankenstein joined the circus as a strongman"

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

I've never seen this before. If Disney ever gets off the pot and actually release these this would be a great extra feature.

I find it funny that Stan can't stand the cartoons...yet he had no problem being the ultimate salesman on the beginning of the videos that came out years ago. Again, one of the reasons that I really can't take Stan Lee seriously. That being said...if anyone here wants to see these/own these and you have a multi regional DVD player they have been available in the UK for more than 10 years. I think that Jetix, which funnily enough is associated with Disney, was the first company to release these in the UK. Quality is fantastic. The only problem I had was that they basically cut/edited the episodes into 1 episode each. Each single episode on the UK sets was actually three 6 - 8 minute episodes edited into one episode...so instead of 39 episodes there are 13 episodes on the UK sets. They original aired in 6 - 8 minute episodes with title cards/animation and flashback/recall in the beginning of each episode. I hope that if Disney ever does these...they do them the right way.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Insomnia was powerful last night, this guy's glee is infectious.

Curious to know if he did the theme to Rocket Robin Hood as well.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I can't help but think these would be fun inserts in MCU post credit scenes somehow.

The Merry Marvel Marching Society song reminds me a lot of the "Star Spangled Man" USO song from Captain America First Avenger.

The Thor song reminds me just how much I miss the Don Blake part of the character from the MCU version.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

"Iron Man" was on broadcast TV the other night and I had forgotten they slipped the Marvel '66 Iron Man theme into the background.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Insomnia was powerful last night, this guy's glee is infectious.

Curious to know if he did the theme to Rocket Robin Hood as well.
                    Well, his real name is Jacques Urbont, so I'm guessing he's a Canuck and Toronto was production HQ.

Rocket was "first" in GrantRay's pipeline, and that lead to MSH 66. Marvel wasn't happy with the results, so GrantRay had to pump more cash into FN Spidey. That appears to have lead to Paul Francis Webster and Bob Harris, who were bigger money players at the time then Urbont. So Urbont would have fit the Rocket Robin budget way more than Webster.

IIRC, the irony of Spidey is it pretty much bankrupted GrantRay, which is what turned S3 into a splice job.

Meanie - I have the DVD boxset and the 2-disc release for Hulk. Hulk kept the insert cards, but I don't remember if it kept the recaps...I want to say no.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Another forgotten Krantz gem

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Oh and as a kid, this Krantz cartoon was usually a sign you were up way too early.

Krantz Films' series "The Wonderful Stories of Professor Kitzel", out around 1972. Episode about Captain Frobisher.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

There had been some debate on the subby lyrics. Makes yea wince, make yea weep still doesn't sound right. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWeaHkxXwE

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I would say he would know. I bet he was reading them off his original lyric sheets. I got a few of the lyrics wrong over the years myself.

That was a lot of fun! I hope I'm that energetic at that guy's age!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Love these cartoons and was fortunate to land a couple of original animation cells:

Have only found a few others...but for what they were they went way to high for me. One was from the episode where Banner has to wear a Hulk Mask and he's hiding out in a cave with Rick Jones....it was literally a cell that had the mask in it and I think it went for something close to $500. I really do wish Disney would get these done already.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎