X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

14" Giganta

I don't do customs often as to be blunt my skills are limited and it never seems to go smoothly. However, when I saw the new Mego "14 Poison Ivy it dawned on me this would be the perfect base for a Giganta figure, the Superfriends LOD member not yet made in Mego style (unless I missed something). So one of my Target runs I grabbed an extra Ivy. Finally, have some extra time on Monday (my day vacation day of the year) I put this together. Ordered the fabric for the outfit (leopard print) from Amazon. Went to Michaels with the original intent on painting Ivy's wristbands yellow. As I was walking around I passed some yellow thread/laces and decided the yellow/gold laces contained in this pack of multi-colored ones would work and bonus I didn't have to paint. Plus it's a waste for me. When I checked the paint I last used for a custom it expired in 2012! So off to the races. The body was actually not very conducive to a two-piece outfit but after much trial and error, I got to work and stay together by cutting up some wall strips I have for picture hanging. The laces I just tied around a few times, looped them thew and cut them off where needed. Still took a couple of hours to complete but it worked out.

Giganta by Mike Parker, on Flickr

With the LOD. This is th eonly way she'd fit in the display

GigantaLOD by Mike Parker, on Flickr
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Don't sell yourself short--she makes a terrific Giganta. Nice job.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 1, '18, 8:09 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Great concept...good job

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

I said it on facebook and I will say it here...Nice custom Mike. New Mego female 8 inch body should be this 14 inch body in 8 inch scale.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I have one suggestion. Panties!

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Very nice! You're giving me ideas I like her as Giganta better than Poison Ivy.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Superman has General Zod and Batman has the Joker, so Wonder Woman needs some villains, too! Mego could easily make their own version of Giganta or the Cheetah!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎